asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simon Fraser University sent me a scan copy of my offer letter via email. There were only two pages with course details. However, there was a third page as well in the actual package which was sent by them. On it, It was stated that it was a conditional offer because you were still taking courses or we need a further document. We expect that you would be successfully completing your current courses.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I don't know where they had got the impression of me taking courses. If a Visa Officer reads about it, he will look for the transcripts of whatever courses I am taking. If missing, he will enquire about them.

I only sent them a Resume along with high school transcripts for evaluation. I did my high school years back.

There is not enough info on the third page apart from this conditional statement.

I am not sure if it is neccessary to send? However, do you think should I enquire about this conditional thing from the university?

wow, I just checked their student info system online. I do have an outstanding item remaning. I do not know when they had added it.

"Your official transcript from your secondary school showing all grade 11 final grades and interim grades for all grade 12 courses. An official English translation is required if the original document is not in English or French."

not recieved by them. Due date: 18 Dec 2010.

As a rule, Simon Fraser requires original transcripts from international students for evaluation but they had made an exception for me when I explained to them that only one original copy was issued in Pakistan so they accepted certified copies of my transcripts.

If they are talking about my original transcripts then I will show them upon my arrival. I think every student will do that upon arrival so for this why they had made a conditional offer.

If my undestanding is correct, Simon fraser accepts original transcripts for evaluation.

How to solve this puzzle?

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also conditionally admitted into University of Saskatchewan.

My conditional offer will convert into full one if i satisfy one of their requirements before 31 jan 2011. Classes will start from jan 6,2011.

They mentioned High school transcripts on the their acceptance letter. Atleast they are specific with their
demand. VO wil read this and will look at my transcripts he or she will be satisfied that I have them.

atleast they did not mention that i was taking courses.

jiawan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
dial their internation office and check with them for the details ..... :) may be there is something u need to know b4 tasking any further steps ..:)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when I recieved the package i just took a quick glimpse and put it back in the envelope. I had already read neeccessary details when I recieved a scan copy of it via email.

Today when I was going through them again then I caught this third page where this conditional offer was mentioned.

i just sent them a detailed email regarding this and hoping for a response.

let's see what they say. Allah mkaes us aware of things from nowwhere. her cheez mein hikmat hey.

lisztomania

Jul 27, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I go to simon fraser also and I got the conditional admission message also. Although mine said I just need to retain a certain average while in the university. I think it's best that you contacted them first for clarification. Sometimes it could be your transcript. I was already in school when they told me about a pending requirement--apparently my transcript lacked a notation they require. Also I think if your status in your sis is admitted then you're in :)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am definitely in but I was talking about from visa offficer's perspective. I was not taking any courses currently so why mentioned it on the acceptance letter.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
issue resolved. i dont need to send that page where conditional statement was written. it was just sent because of some misunderstanding. it is no big deal.

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Asad which course r u going for bro?
I am also planning on applying to Simon Frasier university and I have emailed them too but there is no reply yet. Their website states that Masters programs cost as much as domestic students. Is this true? R u applying through a consultant or on your own? Would be a great help bro
And yes their websites states that students who have graduated from University of Karachi and a few other universities r exempt from IELTS so I am planning on applying rightaway since I m only being lazy for the IELTS

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They usually take two days to respond to any query but they have been very helpful with their response. Keep in touch with them. I was in touch with them way before submitting for an application.

I applied on my own, no consultant. 4 year degree program in Computer Sci.

If you are from Karachi, make sure talk to them beforehand and explain your position on original transcripts. They require original transcripts from your attended schools but as you know original transcript is produced only one time in Pakistan so you would have to send them certified copies. However, they accept only Original IELTS score which will be sent directly from the IELTS test center.
While sitting for an ielts test, please enquire about it. IELTS score requirement was mandatory for me from universirty.

I haven't heard about being charged the same fees for international studenst as well as domestic students. It must be higher for international students and please enquire about it directly from them. They will be best source of contact for every query you have.