+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia Students - PhD in Engineering tuition , Please help

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
Hey,
I want to know how much are the tuition fees for a year?
I knew it offers 3 terms per year. Each term costs around 6300 CAD. So do I have to register for 3 terms per year as a full-time student and pay 19000 CAD? Or can I take only two terms and pay 12600CAD per year?

Thank you.

Oct 9, 2014
Phd students are supposed to be continuous full time students. That means there is no scheduled break for PhD students. However, if you research area seems interesting to the university you can get funding for your work.

Reactions: demhahero

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
Phd students are supposed to be continuous full time students. That means there is no scheduled break for PhD students. However, if you research area seems interesting to the university you can get funding for your work.
Its not only about funding, usually international students like to take a good break every year to visit their home country. I am afraid if I take 3 terms, there will be only around 2~3 weeks off between terms.
This is strange. I do not understand Concordia's system. But other universities offer only 2 semesters per year, so they have sufficient break time for their students.

Anyone can explain to me Concordia's system? How does it work with 3 terms per year? And do they give more credits per year than other universities? I am a bit confused.

I was browsing their website and unfortunately, could not get it!

Thanks.

Oct 9, 2014
Its not only about funding, usually international students like to take a good break every year to visit their home country. I am afraid if I take 3 terms, there will be only around 2~3 weeks off between terms.
This is strange. I do not understand Concordia's system. But other universities offer only 2 semesters per year, so they have sufficient break time for their students.

Anyone can explain to me Concordia's system? How does it work with 3 terms per year? And do they give more credits per year than other universities? I am a bit confused.

I was browsing their website and unfortunately, could not get it!

Thanks.
I would suggest you to contact international student office of Concordia. They will answer all your queries.