+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerned about sponsorship decision mail regarding Emedical Pakistani Applicant

engr.saks

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello there,

Thanks for looking into this post.

Here is the message from a pdf file regarding "sponsorship decision". Its the second mail which they send when forwarding application to London office (for pakistanis only I assume).

"Requirement for Medical Examination
If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application."

All I wish to know, is this a general message (does everyone get it)? Because I already did provide my upfront Emedical receipt with UMI number. The physicians told me that they will upload my results on internet database accessible to CIC only.

If you also received such a message in your second correspondence mail (the decision mail for forwarding application to london) in the pdf file, please do let me know. I assume its a general message, just like the one that mentions quebec.

Thanks

engr.saks

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
I forgot to add that in my application status, they have mentioned my medical results have been received. Even after this, do I still need to worry? I am pretty sure the above message is a general one just to make sure everyone submits their medical upfronts.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
It is not a general message, but it is possible that the agent handling sponsor approval checked the wrong box when generating the form letter.

Do you have any family members listed on your application, even non-accompanying relatives like children living with another parent? If so, then CIC ordinarily requires that they undergo a medical examination as well, and not doing so would make them forever ineligible for sponsorship at a later date.

engr.saks

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Nope nothing like that has happened. I am the only applicant. I have been reading around for this message, it seems. I checked this message on google and found many applicants getting the same message.

here is one reply for such an inquiry

"Check your ECAS the online tool to check your application, if it states medical results have been received, disregard that message."

I will continue not worrying about this matter. My online tracking has mentioned that medical results have been received.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Medicals are only good for 1 year. Could it be the upfront one you did already expired and they are asking for new medicals? Also, it would be a good idea to send them an email to clarify what they want just to be on the safe side.

ibmu

Jul 9, 2015
I submitted the e-Medical information sheet upfront and today I got this message as well. To me it seems like a generic message as it says if:

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so
The same letters also contains other similar ifs which don't apply to me:

If you are a resident of the province of Québec,
(you have to do some stuff)

If the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to
(and you didn't pay you will have to pay) - I paid already in my case

So it seems highly unlikely that they still want to send you the eMedical again specially when it says medical received on ECAS in your case. Though it doesn't say anything on my ECAS yet.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
its a general message to all applicants if the medical has been done and shows in ecas you no need to worry just ignore the email and wait for further processing by visa office.