04-02-2014
Passport Req..
15-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2014
klmy said:
i think move this thread to professional immigration forum
hi
what is the professional immigration forum please???

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
CastroHawk said:
hi
what is the professional immigration forum please???
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ABHereICome said:
Dear forumites, some of these reports mention the importance of a good networking to find a job. I am here just to remember you that we have a Linkedin group to help us in this task when we land in Canada.

The group is closed and you have to PM me your e-mail address in order to be invited. Only the participants of the "FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here" will be allowed and your nickname will not be associated with your linkedin profile, unless you want to.

I'm waiting for your PM!

Sent u PM.... :D :D :D

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
This topic will now be updated in
http://canadavisale.blogspot.in/2013/09/brace-yourselves.html

This is because, I lost the ability to modify my post. I guess it gets disabled after sometime.
Nothing much has changed in the URL above, the links will directly lead you to the members' post.

Request all to keep me posted of any new landing experiences you may find suitable to be posted on my blog.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
I have done my landing in April 2013 and existed in May ...Planning to go back alone in Feb 2013 .....

I was in this forum from 2010 ... I used to read all the -ve posts to get myself prepared for the worst .... But for the last 6-8 months I don't find any these posts ... Just wanted to know if the job situation has improved or has it worsened .... From 2008 there was a huge cap in immigration, has this helped the job availability or worsened it ....

inputs will be much helpfull....

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
I have done my landing in April 2013 and existed in May ...Planning to go back alone in Feb 2014 .....

I was in this forum from 2010 ... I used to read all the -ve posts to get myself prepared for the worst .... But for the last 6-8 months I don't find any these posts ... Just wanted to know if the job situation has improved or has it worsened .... From 2008 there was a huge cap in immigration, has this helped the job availability or worsened it ....

inputs will be much helpfull....

rico_samuel

Sep 18, 2013
I am under the QSW program. I am planning to land in toronto but will move to montreal maybe after a couple of week. Will that be okay? Im just a bit worried in my arrival at the immigration counter.

Inputs are appreciated. Thank you :)

Relica

Aug 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
Doc's Request.
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Passport Req..
08-01-2014 Passport sent on 07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
good thread thank you :D

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Looks like for the most part the landing process went pretty smoothly for everyone who posted on here. When I bring my husband over he will need an interpreter because he doesn't speak english. (we're working on learning but I don't know if I'll be able to get him to a high enough level by the time we get there). Does anyone have any experiences like this where the immigrant didn't speak english? Let me know!

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
anil_india said:
what to do, when u have MR or Visa in hand:

1. finish ur tasks in india, pertaining to personal and professional life.
2. get maximum money with u here.
3. network with people living in ur target city or state
4. do not worry at all and start trusting urself more than ever.
5. those who don t know cooking, learn it
6. bring all your premium or routine- use outfits, garments, so that u dont hv to buy here.
7. no need to bring eatables etc,,,,,ofkorse bring few common medicines

8. land in a motel or a long term guest house, if u can t arrange a rented accommodation while in india.

u may have to move to new place after 2-3 mths time, as u ll hv the information which part of city suits u more.
plan ur accommodation on this basis.

9. Land cheerfully, settle down, buy grocery, breathe the fresh air, get accustomed to local new environment.
10. get SIN, bank acc, credit card, health ins, it s just one day task.
11. practice online driving test (canada), get proof of drivers licence (india), etc.
12. if you are into accounting, learn canadian softwares, excel etc.
13. while in india, learn how local transportation works there.
14. do join govt funded new immigrant centres, and rest they will guide u.,,,,,reg. job hunt, resume building (upto u if u wanna upload ur resumes now in india or after u modify them in canada)
15. stick to your related job hunt for 2 months at least, if u don't get it, join any customer service jobs then......to meet monthly expenditure.

be prepared to spend 2 months expenditure while u find a Related job.
u ll earn whole life here. be ready to shell out money.........without converting dollars/rupees.
Take that easy !

16. last but not the least certainly- get your educational degrees evaluated while in india, www.wes.org, and bring minimum 5 extra sets of transcripts

rest everything will fall into place, if u have focus and positive-mindset.

nothing to worry!!!

===========

other members can also add their views.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
sinestra said:
anil_india said:
what to do, when u have MR or Visa in hand:

1. finish ur tasks in india, pertaining to personal and professional life.
2. get maximum money with u here.
3. network with people living in ur target city or state
4. do not worry at all and start trusting urself more than ever.
5. those who don t know cooking, learn it
6. bring all your premium or routine- use outfits, garments, so that u dont hv to buy here.
7. no need to bring eatables etc,,,,,ofkorse bring few common medicines

8. land in a motel or a long term guest house, if u can t arrange a rented accommodation while in india.

u may have to move to new place after 2-3 mths time, as u ll hv the information which part of city suits u more.
plan ur accommodation on this basis.

9. Land cheerfully, settle down, buy grocery, breathe the fresh air, get accustomed to local new environment.
10. get SIN, bank acc, credit card, health ins, it s just one day task.
11. practice online driving test (canada), get proof of drivers licence (india), etc.
12. if you are into accounting, learn canadian softwares, excel etc.
13. while in india, learn how local transportation works there.
14. do join govt funded new immigrant centres, and rest they will guide u.,,,,,reg. job hunt, resume building (upto u if u wanna upload ur resumes now in india or after u modify them in canada)
15. stick to your related job hunt for 2 months at least, if u don't get it, join any customer service jobs then......to meet monthly expenditure.

be prepared to spend 2 months expenditure while u find a Related job.
u ll earn whole life here. be ready to shell out money.........without converting dollars/rupees.
Take that easy !

16. last but not the least certainly- get your educational degrees evaluated while in india, www.wes.org, and bring minimum 5 extra sets of transcripts

rest everything will fall into place, if u have focus and positive-mindset.

nothing to worry!!!

===========

other members can also add their views.
One thing I wana add is dont rent out apartment in canada when u r still in your home country.. first see the apartment by yourself and then decide

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Good thread, keep it going.

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Javiya said:
Dear Forum Friends, I am writing here after almost 20 days.
But very happy to inform you all that everything went really well and we are now landed immigrants.
My E-Cas shows status "complete" and has five lines now.

We received your application for permanent residence on May 28, 2013.

We started processing your application on November 27, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 3 office on February 20, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

Anybody landing in Toronto with Pregnant wife, Read this carefully.

1.Get complete chek-up with 3D-4D ultra sound done before the landing day.
2.Get a fitness certificate from your Gynecologist.
3.Talk to your Airline before booking tickets. Generally till 30 weeks its not a problem but though make it sure.
4.In Ontario, it takes 90 days to get your health plan (OHIP card) activated. So get Insurance for this period.
5.Once you land, Get an address proof (like a rent agreement or Bank statement) go to Service Canada Office and register yourself and spouse for OHIP.
6.If the Due Date is well ahead of the day your OHIP starts (90th day after your landing), Go to your area's Community Health centre or Women's center. Ask them about getting your wife's medical aid financed without OHIP. They will start registration process and your wife will get the medical care without spending any money or your hard earned POF money.

7.If you miss this option, register for "Mid-wife birthing option". This will also be charge free. But First one is better.

8.Givt. also provide free Pre-Natal care, classes and advices and A free mattress for the lady ( can save you 700 to 800 CAD ).

9. Else you have to spend 10000 to 120000 CAD for the complete medical care.

Following is my Landing Experience.

Luggage and Packing:

Dont bring dairy and meat items. No ghee n No oil. Fill form b4 vey carefullly wih all valuse and attach the first summary sheet of my excel sheet with total value. Keep printout photos of all jewellery -2 copies of all three items. Dont bring any vegetables or live stuff.
You wont need PR card application form but keep it. But form b4 and packing list is must.

Flight:

Go for BA. Manage your luggage in bus if possible. Flight is awsome and good stay at london. Fairs are competitive. And very generous luggage policy. But be very very carefule with weight and sizes mentioned on BA site. Dont violate by even an inch or a gram. Is possible go with less weight. No other airline allows two hand bag bit check the sizes as both has different one. Bon voyage.

Immigration:

Go at least 4-5 hrs ahead of your flight. Security and immigration time sucks at mumbai. Abd or Delhi might be easier but still it gives lot of peace.

At london:

You can handover other two handbags here for check in and enjoy. They dont charge for it. So do it. Dont forget to use 45min free wifi.

Stay & living:

Book your stay and pick up in advance. No risk here. Its a new country.
Mostly newcomers have to go for Basements because without a canadian job offer letter or credit history, Apartment leasing companies do not accept your application. Secondly they want you to write the lease agreement for One year which is not good for a new comer as you do not know where you are going to work.

Location to leave :

Etobicoke is a good but old area. It is between Toronto, Brampton and Mississauga. You get frequent buses, trains and lot of basements and apartments here. But its up to you to decide where you want to leave. Stay close to your work place. And rent the place which is very close to bus terminal. You don't want to walk in -20 deg C for 500 to 700 meters in winter. Closer is better.

Keep the change:

On Canadian airports, trolleys are paid. 2 cad for one. So keep at least 12 cad in 6 coins of 2 cad each. If you dont have it use the Travelex money exchange to buy coins from Indian rupees. Keep 5 to 7k INR with you. You will need it in London and here for breakfast and when you go back.

PoF:

They don't ask for receipt of purchase but good to not take this risk if you don't have relatives here. Declare it in landing card given in flight.

Bank account:

Go for CIBC or RBC. CIBC is the cheapest and good one for newcomers with 1yr free acount.
I wanted to go for scotia but I did it in RBC. Hey have free banking package for fsw guys. Also applied for a credit card with 1000cad limit. Thanks to RBC. A good deal.
Remember, you will only get the first statement after One month of opening the account. Which you can use as address proof. This is very important for the guys who are going to stay in Basement where there is no rent agreement.

SIN and PR card:

This will get applied guring immigration. No hassles. Just keep your passsports and copr ready. Dont pack it in luggage just keep it wih you. Keep all your indian identity cards and education certificate s wih you. They dont ask but just to avoid looing them in transit.

Health card:

This will get applied once you are in canada. At service canada centres. But you will need you bank account statement or housing lease for it. Statement will take a month. But dont worry. Your 90 days count in ON starts from the day you become PR irrespective of your application for health card.

Bus passes:

Buy it. Its a good deal. But need separate passes for Toronto and GTA. GTA passes cost 50 CAD and Valid for 5 yrs. You spend 2.45 CAD per trip for two hours. For Toronto, buy a monthly pass of 133CAD which is unlimited travel in month within TTC buses and Train. During job and living place search, you may spend lot of money if you dont have pass. Its cost 3 CAD per trip for 2 hours.

Phone no.:

Very tough to get a good deal. I am still searching for one. I will report once I have one.

License:

Go to Toronto for application. Dont do it in GTA. They dont accept dl extract and idp. But Toronto guys do and reduce your waiting time.

Address in Canada:

During your landing, the cbsa officer will aks for your address in canada. If you have any of your friend or relative you can use their address to get you pr and Sin cards. But inform them and tell that they will receive a verification call from cbsa about your card. And SIN can not be disclosed to every one so its very sensitive. If somebody gets your sin card before you he can steal you identity. So be careful.

Credit history:

Try to get a credit card as soon as you arrive. Building credit will give you good deals every where.

Get a map:

Get a map of location you arr going to stay at. Read it before hand and identify the important locations like s3rvice Canada center, banks, bus pass, mobile shop and health center. Understand the bus routes and transport system. This will keep your mind at peace about how you will move and communicate.

Jackets and woolens:

Guys without relatives here pls don't take risk and bring at least a good jacket with cap. Inner will save you a lot from cold waves. Buy two pairs of jockey inner. Don't go for cheap one. Medical will cost you more if you have rashes or cold. You will not come to know for two days abt buying stuff from your area so till then these items will save you.

shef

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
07-09-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Booked for 17th April 2014
Awesome post... gives a lot of insight...I have myself taken an apartment on rent in Etobicoke as it is on border of toronto and missisagua. Hope everything works out good.

Shef