+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Competative rise in CRS score for ITA disappoints Overseas Professionals

aqeelshergill

Aug 10, 2016
Hi as per my internet research i found that only Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan offers Express Entry to
overseas skilled professionals (without job offer from concerned province or territory)
and in my case i lie in the NOC category 2133 Electrical and Electronics Engineers and
only Nova Scotia demands this code professionals which is also not accepting any new applications currently.
In short in order to get Canada PNP i only qualify for NS PNP.
All other PNP's demands Job offer which seems impossible while staying in Pakistan.
How experts look into this case? shall i proceed for my IELTS and ECA? because i was determinant to
apply for Canadian PR but really disappointed at the moment i mean it seems that there is
very thin chance of getting only NS PNP no other options available and all remaining gates(as per my knowledge) are most likely closed
because if i get CLB 8 i get 360 points as per CRS and if i get CLB 9 i get 429 points
and last ITA was sent to applicant who secures 490 points which clearly
clarify that i must need PNP to get ITA for PR.
Conclusion: is it wise to make this move for only province Nova Scotia PNP? any other suggestions will
be highly appreciated.

anonymoose

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The lowest score ever awarded an ITA was around 450 so in your situation I would not expect to get one without provincial nomination or a job offer.
With 429 points you might have a very, very small chance of getting an ITA within the next year or so but personally I wouldn't invest, unless money is not an issue for you.
You may look into temporary programs to get to Canada that can eventually lead to PR.

aqeelshergill

Aug 10, 2016
I appreciate your prompt response.
Its is very clear that i will have to take the route of PNP to get PR but what do you think is it wise to be eligible for only Nova Scotia and invest time and money for all this?

anonymoose

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure I understand your question... Once you become a permanent resident in any province, you are free to move to any other province according to section six of the Canadian Charter of Rights:

(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PEI and NB also do not require a job offer.

As anonymoose says, you cannot be forced to stay in the province that nominated you.
But it has been mentioned in this forum before that if you leave the province immediately after arriving, this can cause problems when you apply for citizenship.
It's recommended that you stay in the province that nominated you for at least 1 year, and stay there permanently if you can.