+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Compassionate grounds- visitor visa for parents

vvardhan58

Aug 27, 2021
Hi, I have applied visitors visa a month ago with all documents required under compassionate grounds applicable with PHAC letter etc.
After applying is their any process to expedite the timelines under this category - like submitting UCI on webform to get status and notify its COVID-19 purpose on it?? Please kindly share if anyone has done something to get this moving faster.

Appreciate any kind of information shared. Thanks in advance

ARP 1510

Aug 27, 2021
H , I have also applied for my parent's visa on compassionate grounds and have submitted approvals letters as well from PHAC. its been 20 days now , I received only one BIL for my father and nothing for my mother yet , but have emails for both of them that there is an update in their application status , not sure what is happening.
I have submitted a webform but didnt receive any reply. You can submit one too and hope for the best. If you don't mind we can share numbers and talk.

vvardhan58

Aug 27, 2021
H , I have also applied for my parent's visa on compassionate grounds and have submitted approvals letters as well from PHAC. its been 20 days now , I received only one BIL for my father and nothing for my mother yet , but have emails for both of them that there is an update in their application status , not sure what is happening.
I have submitted a webform but didnt receive any reply. You can submit one too and hope for the best. If you don't mind we can share numbers and talk.
My parents have received biometric letter and both of them gave biometrics - Its been reflected on profile for both that its been done . And medicals, However medicals has not been updated on ircc yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have applied visitors visa a month ago with all documents required under compassionate grounds applicable with PHAC letter etc.
After applying is their any process to expedite the timelines under this category - like submitting UCI on webform to get status and notify its COVID-19 purpose on it?? Please kindly share if anyone has done something to get this moving faster.

Assume this is related to a normal pregnancy. Normal pregnancy is not treated as a normal PHAC situation where there is a funeral, sudden hospitalization for serious medical issue, etc. and it is extremely time sensitive. During covid IRCC has come up with a weird system where you have to complete all the normal requirements for a TRV and get PHAC approval. There are delays when it comes to review of medicals which is likely what is delaying your application.

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019

My husband also submitted his application since the 14th of July with PHAC approval attached and we still haven't heard anything back.

It is so frustrating. Please when did you apply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband also submitted his application since the 14th of July with PHAC approval attached and we still haven't heard anything back.

It is so frustrating. Please when did you apply
A spouse getting a TRV may be much more difficult. If this was pre-covid a spouse was unlikely to be approved if it was to be with their pregnant wife for a normal pregnancy. There are lots of examples in the forum. There have been more approval during covid but in general pregnancy is not viewed as a reason to approve a TRV for a spouse being sponsored. Would imagine your relationship history and time spent together in person will likely influence whether you may be approved. Have you started the sponsorship process?

Last edited:

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019

Hello please are there any updates on your application?