+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law visitor visa

boyan

Dec 23, 2012
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my visa.
I was wondering what is the best way for me and my girlfriend to come visit my relatives in canada?
Since my aunt is sending me everything (invitation letter...), how should we apply? The only way for us to apply non-seperately is the common law visa since we are not married.

Or would you suggest two separate visa applications? I am afraid her visa would be denied like that since she has no relatives in Canada.
Thoughts? Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my visa.
I was wondering what is the best way for me and my girlfriend to come visit my relatives in canada?
Since my aunt is sending me everything (invitation letter...), how should we apply? The only way for us to apply non-seperately is the common law visa since we are not married.

Or would you suggest two separate visa applications? I am afraid her visa would be denied like that since she has no relatives in Canada.
Thoughts? Thank you!
Are you common-law?

boyan

Dec 23, 2012
Well sure, we have been together since 2012. We lived together past few years, but now we dont since i am geting my masters degree in another city.
P.S how to prove that we are common-law to canadian authorities since there is no mariage certificate?