+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

vv0008

Mar 20, 2017
Hi everyone, I just got my "decision made" update this week on ECAS. Here is my timeline, hope it can be a helpful reference for the future applicant.

My partner is the sponsor.
application received - Jan 2017
AOR received - Mar 2017
schedule A requested and sent - May 2017
med request - June 2017
med received - July 2017
today I can see DM on both sides on ECSA.

On my ECSA, another line was added:
1. We received XXX's application for permanent residence on January , 2017
2. We started processing XXX's application on February 23, 2018
3. Medical results have been received.

My representative didn't receive any email yet hopefully I can receive some confirmation email shortly. Anyone know what will happen next? How long might it take?

Thanks a lot and good luck everyone,
Cheers :)

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
Hi everyone, I just got my "decision made" update this week on ECAS. Here is my timeline, hope it can be a helpful reference for the future applicant.

My partner is the sponsor.
application received - Jan 2017
AOR received - Mar 2017
schedule A requested and sent - May 2017
med request - June 2017
med received - July 2017
today I can see DM on both sides on ECSA.

On my ECSA, another line was added:
1. We received XXX's application for permanent residence on January , 2017
2. We started processing XXX's application on February 23, 2018
3. Medical results have been received.

My representative didn't receive any email yet hopefully I can receive some confirmation email shortly. Anyone know what will happen next? How long might it take?

Thanks a lot and good luck everyone,
Cheers :)

Congratulations!! I am a February 15 applicant and just got my AIP this week.

Reactions: vv0008

vv0008

Mar 20, 2017
Congratulations!! I am a February 15 applicant and just got my AIP this week.
Hi cdylle,

thank you! congrats to you as well.

Is your status is in"DM" on both sides now? May I know do we usually receive AIP after DM or before that? My representative said he didn't receive any email yet. He is pretty old school, so I cannot link my application... the only way for me to check it this year is keep refreshing ECAS :( luckily I finally got the update last Friday.

It showed "DM" on both sides. I am not sure what does that mean? does that mean they approved the sponsor or they approved my application?

Thank you so much!!!

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
Hi cdylle,

thank you! congrats to you as well.

Is your status is in"DM" on both sides now? May I know do we usually receive AIP after DM or before that? My representative said he didn't receive any email yet. He is pretty old school, so I cannot link my application... the only way for me to check it this year is keep refreshing ECAS :( luckily I finally got the update last Friday.

It showed "DM" on both sides. I am not sure what does that mean? does that mean they approved the sponsor or they approved my application?

Thank you so much!!!

Usually we get AIP before DM. I got my AIP letter on my GCKey account. Meanwhile on my ECAS still showing in progress for sponsorship and application received for application. I don’t give it too much thought though as it is not really up to date.

If I am not mistaken, it means that your application and sponsorship is approved. You should get a request for landing appointment at your local CIC and then they will issue your PR card.

vv0008

Mar 20, 2017
Usually we get AIP before DM. I got my AIP letter on my GCKey account. Meanwhile on my ECAS still showing in progress for sponsorship and application received for application. I don’t give it too much thought though as it is not really up to date.

If I am not mistaken, it means that your application and sponsorship is approved. You should get a request for landing appointment at your local CIC and then they will issue your PR card.
Thank you so much for your reply.
hope we can both get good news shortly :)

Reactions: cdylie

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
Thank you so much for your reply.
hope we can both get good news shortly :)

Just checked my ECAS this morning and it turns out that I have decision made for both application too! So happy

Noah1

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Hi,
I was in the same position my online status read DM. 3 months later I was invited for my landing interview which was last week. My online status did not change it still reads medical received, we sent correspondance on xxx. My journey is now over but thought I would share my experience. Best of luck

Reactions: cdylie and vv0008

vv0008

Mar 20, 2017
Hi,
I was in the same position my online status read DM. 3 months later I was invited for my landing interview which was last week. My online status did not change it still reads medical received, we sent correspondance on xxx. My journey is now over but thought I would share my experience. Best of luck
Thank you so much Noah!!! Really appreciate your info.
Congratulations, so happy for you.

My status changed to DM on both sides. and another line was added " we started processed your application Feb 23, 2018. did you get this line as well at that time?
May I know for the landing interview, does my sponsor has to be there with me together? Did they ask lots of questions?

Thank you and wish all the best for your new journey in Canada :)

Reactions: Noah1

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Thank you so much Noah!!! Really appreciate your info.
Congratulations, so happy for you.

My status changed to DM on both sides. and another line was added " we started processed your application Feb 23, 2018. did you get this line as well at that time?
May I know for the landing interview, does my sponsor has to be there with me together? Did they ask lots of questions?

Thank you and wish all the best for your new journey in Canada :)
Hi! Yes the Sponsor has to attend the meeting or the call with the Applicant. They ask a few questions to both of you together.

vv0008

Mar 20, 2017
Hi! Yes the Sponsor has to attend the meeting or the call with the Applicant. They ask a few questions to both of you together.
Got it! Thank you so much.
I noticed in the signature you got AIP & SA before DM changed. Hope I can get them soon as well. I really want to remove my representative since he is not really following my case. I cannot link my application because I have a representative. But it's kind of too late now. Just hope he can update me asap.

May I know how long it took them to send you the interview invitation email after DM changed? Did you have the same line added as well saying that they started to process your application? (We started processing XXX's application on February 23, 2018)

Good luck with your March interview and thank you much for the helpful info.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Got it! Thank you so much.
I noticed in the signature you got AIP & SA before DM changed. Hope I can get them soon as well. I really want to remove my representative since he is not really following my case. I cannot link my application because I have a representative. But it's kind of too late now. Just hope he can update me asap.

May I know how long it took them to send you the interview invitation email after DM changed? Did you have the same line added as well saying that they started to process your application? (We started processing XXX's application on February 23, 2018)

Good luck with your March interview and thank you much for the helpful info.
It all happened within a week, the DM, AIP, SA and landing interview. Yes I also had the same line in Ecas.

I have my interview this coming Monday. No need to prepare anything, they will ask questions asking if the sponsor understand his undertaking, and if you have any criminality etc. Pretty straight forward as per the comments on the 2016/2017 spousal sponsorship threads.

All the best for your interview!! Is it in person or a phone interview?

Noah1

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Hi,

Yes my update reads also we started processing your application Dec 17.
Yes your sponsor needs to attend. They asked my sponsor are they happy to still sponsor me.
They then asked if I have committed any crimes. That was it. I then signed the paper. So happy it's over.

vv0008

Mar 20, 2017
It all happened within a week, the DM, AIP, SA and landing interview. Yes I also had the same line in Ecas.

I have my interview this coming Monday. No need to prepare anything, they will ask questions asking if the sponsor understand his undertaking, and if you have any criminality etc. Pretty straight forward as per the comments on the 2016/2017 spousal sponsorship threads.

All the best for your interview!! Is it in person or a phone interview?
Mine was in person two weeks later. They skipped my SA & AIP part lol. Hopefully that’s okay.

Thanks for your info.

All the best and good luck for your interview.

Can’t wait for you to share your great news next week :)

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
I just received pr interview email this afternoon !!! Does that mean I got approved?

Do I need to prepare anything? What kind of questions they usually ask during the interview.

Did you already finish your interview?

Thanks a bunch!
Wow!! Congratulations!! It’s pretty fast from DM to landing appointment. You are there!

Reactions: Noah1