+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

common law sponsorship documentation stage please advice

philipslight

Mar 3, 2015
Hi guys. I'm preparing and collecting our sponsorship papers and proofs that we are cohabitated for one year. we're going to submit the following:

1. sponsorship papers
2. our own separate mails with same address
3. letter from our housemate stating that we are renting the room and staying with the same room for one year (we don't have the rental agreement because my housemate is the one who signed the contract for the whole house and we're just renting the room )
4. Phone bills/phone contract stating that I'am connected to his plan
5. electricity, gas, water bill with both our names on it
6. 4 letters from our friends/ family stating that we are living together for one year
7. pictures together and we will put the dates and the location
8. credit card bills with both our names on it
9. joint account with both names
10. 2 pcs of letters he mailed me when we are in long distance relationship

what do you think? is this enough now to prove that we are already cohabitated for a year? any suggestion guys?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Include a copy of the rental agreement showing your housemate has rented the whole house. If you wanted to really cover your bases, you could look at getting the letter from the housemate notarized.

Note that common-law usually requires 2 notarized letters from family or friends confirming the relationship is genuine.

Otherwise, as long as they cover at least a full year, your proofs look good.

philipslight

Mar 3, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Include a copy of the rental agreement showing your housemate has rented the whole house. If you wanted to really cover your bases, you could look at getting the letter from the housemate notarized.

Note that common-law usually requires 2 notarized letters from family or friends confirming the relationship is genuine.

Otherwise, as long as they cover at least a full year, your proofs look good.
Hi thank you for your reply. I have another question to you. Since my housemate are not giving us receipt of payment for the room, we are planning to submit also the cheque deposit we paid for the room every month in our joint account is it okay to show this instead of the receipt?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
philipslight said:
Hi thank you for your reply. I have another question to you. Since my housemate are not giving us receipt of payment for the room, we are planning to submit also the cheque deposit we paid for the room every month in our joint account is it okay to show this instead of the receipt?
Yes, that's fine.