+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law PR

noskovakata

Aug 28, 2018
Hello,

1) Do me and my boyfriend have to live toggether at the moment of applying for common law confirmation, or can we apply later after being at different places for a few months, but will have proof of living toggether for at least a year from before?

2) Can I apply for common law PR and Young professional visa in the same time? (cant apply inland, because I am leaving canada for couple months - when I come back I would like to have work permit until I get PR) If not, can I apply for common law PR when I already have another type of visa (employer specific work permit) to get open work permit?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

1) Do me and my boyfriend have to live toggether at the moment of applying for common law confirmation, or can we apply later after being at different places for a few months, but will have proof of living toggether for at least a year from before?

2) Can I apply for common law PR and Young professional visa in the same time? (cant apply inland, because I am leaving canada for couple months - when I come back I would like to have work permit until I get PR) If not, can I apply for common law PR when I already have another type of visa (employer specific work permit) to get open work permit?

Thank you!
Hi

1. No, you don't need to be living together at the time, as long as you can prove the one year of cohabitation and that the relationship is ongoing.

2. You can apply for both. The PR app is completely separate.

noskovakata

Aug 28, 2018
Thank you for your reply!
One more question, does conf. of CL have some expiration, like that it must be no older than 3 months or something at the moment of applying for PR, or it doesn't matter?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your reply!
One more question, does conf. of CL have some expiration, like that it must be no older than 3 months or something at the moment of applying for PR, or it doesn't matter?

Thank you
No idea what "conf. of CL" is.