+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Partner issues, need help!

tracynht

Dec 22, 2014
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for PR under Common Law Partner( CLP), However, I would be appreciated if you could give me some advice on my case;

I have been living with my partner more than a year, therefore according to CLP regulations, I could start to apply my documents.

However, the fact is we just only start to set up the documents rental lease and bank account less than a year (4 months), the only thing we could show up to the CIC is all the pictures that we took for, receipts and trip tickets..to demonstrate that we have been together for long time ago.

Therefore, I am confusing if this is fine for me to start applying CLP now regardless of how many months we stay together?

Please give me an advice as I would like to apply asap

Thank You
TRacy

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
tracynht said:
the only thing we could show up to the CIC is all the pictures that we took for, receipts and trip tickets..to demonstrate that we have been together for long time ago.
That is not good enough. Showing you are simply a couple does NOT prove you were living together/cohabiting which is the basis for common-law. This is what you need to prove.

If you were renting a place during that time, perhaps you can get the landlord to write a declaration that you were living together? Did both of you get mail delivered to the address since you first moved in together? Without these kinds of proof, CIC may not be convinced you were living together.