+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-Law: Letter of Explanation

P Min

Mar 22, 2024
We are currently writing a Letter of Explanation for my Common-law application. However, I have my parts to provide any necessary explanations, as does my partner.

Should we provide two Letters of Explanation (two different documents, one for my part and one for my partner's part)? Or one is fine?

Thank you!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
It's unclear as to the subject of explanation but if the both parts are about the same subject there is no need to separate it.

P Min

Mar 22, 2024
It's unclear as to the subject of explanation but if the both parts are about the same subject there is no need to separate it.
Thank you for your reply. We are going to explain different subjects.

Me: my national ID thing.
My Partner: His previous relationships.

So I guess it is better to separate it?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Thank you for your reply. We are going to explain different subjects.

Me: my national ID thing.
My Partner: His previous relationships.

So I guess it is better to separate it?
Yes, separate two subjects into different letters. If you can't upload them separately then you'll have to join them into one file but I would clearly keep two subjects separate.

Reactions: P Min

P Min

Mar 22, 2024
Thank you for your answers! I just gave it a try and I was able to upload two files under Letter of Explanation section.

One more question, should the Letter of Explanation need to be notarized?

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your answers! I just gave it a try and I was able to upload two files under Letter of Explanation section.

One more question, should the Letter of Explanation need to be notarized?

Thank you!
You're overthinking.

Only notarize, legalize or have witnessed documents that they explicitly ASK you to do that to.