+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law. Have been living together a year but no proof for whole year. Help

pamid

Oct 5, 2011
Hi, Me and my Boyfriend have now been together for a bit more than a year but in the begining he was already living at a place so when I moved in it was already to late to be on the lease therefore we dont have proof of being at the place for whatever time we were. Now we do have proof of where we are currently living because we moved in together. Do you guys think its possible to explain to them that he had already moved in so my name couldnt go on the lease but we were in fact living together since then.
This is for the one year of proof for the common law application. ( conjugal relationship)

;)

DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT IMMIGRATION WILL BELIEVE US EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A TIME WHERE WE DONT HAVE PROOF FOR LIVING TOGETHER BUT WE WERE. i CAN EXPLAIN THAT WE WERENT REALLY THINKING ABOUT THIS APPLICATION BEFORE. WE ARE THINKING OF WRITING THEM WHAT HAPPEND LIKE A LETTER EXPLAINING

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
pamid said:
Hi, Me and my Boyfriend have now been together for a bit more than a year but in the begining he was already living at a place so when I moved in it was already to late to be on the lease therefore we dont have proof of being at the place for whatever time we were. Now we do have proof of where we are currently living because we moved in together. Do you guys think its possible to explain to them that he had already moved in so my name couldnt go on the lease but we were in fact living together since then.
This is for the one year of proof for the common law application. ( conjugal relationship)

;)
Maybe the landlord of the previous place can write you guys a letter stating that you both have co-habited the past one year. Get the letter notarized too. :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Also look for any mail addressed to you, separately and as a couple, that was sent to that first address.

pamid

Oct 5, 2011
your right I will show things that were maile there the only problem is that i didnt change my adress imediatly so that kind of cuts our year off. But is was also because we didnt really have this application in mind so much like now.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Notarized letters from friends, family or neighbors who could attest to your moving in and living together at the previous address...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
How many months was it? If it will just cause a delay of a few months, I would wait until I had the joint lease proof showing a year of cohabitation.
Affidavits and mail addressed to you at his address are good. But I would at least wait until the year anniversary of the first date you got mail at that address.

pamid

Oct 5, 2011
canadianwoman said:
How many months was it? If it will just cause a delay of a few months, I would wait until I had the joint lease proof showing a year of cohabitation.
Affidavits and mail addressed to you at his address are good. But I would at least wait until the year anniversary of the first date you got mail at that address.
You are right the thing is that we are running a bit out of time. I am the Sponsor

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
If you are running out of time then remember you have to provide physical, emotional, financial, and social proof. Get the letter from the previous landlord, friends etc. Explain in you cover letter that you didn't get the mail changed (if it was a short enough time maybe you were waiting for your new apartment and was just going to send it there).

For every item you do not have you have to explain why you don't have it and offer up proof in the other areas.

Because we lived together most compelling proof we found were our text messages. We were obviously living together by reading them.