+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming back to Canada after Citizenship

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hello,

I am refugee and got my Citizenship this August, i went this weekend to the US and when coming back the border officer said you have a note on your file so you have to go to immigration, I was honestly very annoyed, then i went to immigration after 10-15min someone called my name, i noticed that he made a copy of my passport and said good day, i said why is this happening, what’s the issue? And he said it wont happen in the future, you’re Canadian now, anyone had any similar experience? And did it stop after? Did he remove the note on my file and add in my passport print? IM SO CONFUSED

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

I am refugee and got my Citizenship this August, i went this weekend to the US and when coming back the border officer said you have a note on your file so you have to go to immigration, I was honestly very annoyed, then i went to immigration after 10-15min someone called my name, i noticed that he made a copy of my passport and said good day, i said why is this happening, what’s the issue? And he said it wont happen in the future, you’re Canadian now, anyone had any similar experience? And did it stop after? Did he remove the note on my file and add in my passport print? IM SO CONFUSED
Nothing to be confused or annoyed As long as Border Officer confirmed it is removed

Reactions: Ghess23

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
I've heard this happen before. This is probably because you have a FOSS/GCMS enforcement flag. I believe this happens because we are refugees. They put an enforcement flag, and they generally amend it to deactivate it. Note that it can't be removed, it will always stay there, but that flag can be deactivated/disabled. See 122th page of Port of Entry Examinations for more legal information or search CBSA enforcement flag and you'll find similar experiences.