+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming as a tourist on Business Visitor category TRV multiple entry visa

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hello All,
My fiancee has the Business Visitor Visa with Multiple Entry, this is same category as TRV.

We are getting married in June, and planning to come back together. We will be applying for her Spousal Sponsorship PR (I am a PR), once she's here.

As per CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=434&top=16)
To enter Canada with a business visitor visa there has to be a valid business reason (client letter showing the visit or related documents) and a job outside Canada.

Since she doesn't have business reasons to come, and wouldn't have a job in India in June. Can she still use this Business Visitor Visa to come to Canada. If yes how?
Is there a process to change this Business Visitor Visa to a regular visitor visa?

I have looked online and haven't found anything, any help regarding this would be really helpful!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello All,
My fiancee has the Business Visitor Visa with Multiple Entry, this is same category as TRV.

We are getting married in June, and planning to come back together. We will be applying for her Spousal Sponsorship PR (I am a PR), once she's here.

As per CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=434&top=16)
To enter Canada with a business visitor visa there has to be a valid business reason (client letter showing the visit or related documents) and a job outside Canada.

Since she doesn't have business reasons to come, and wouldn't have a job in India in June. Can she still use this Business Visitor Visa to come to Canada. If yes how?
Is there a process to change this Business Visitor Visa to a regular visitor visa?

I have looked online and haven't found anything, any help regarding this would be really helpful!
A Business TRV holder can enter Canada for other reasons (tourism, meet family, etc) with the same visa. There is no process to change from Business TRV to a tourism TRV.... unless someone reapplies from scratch.

She must answer truthfully at the POE, and not volunteer information

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hello @Bryanna
Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it.
I have a follow-up question.

In this scenario of ours, we'll be booking a return ticket for her, but apply for her spousal sponsorship after she lands here. Will this create doubts at POE that she might stay back as visitor and not apply for spousal sponsorship. How can we avoid this doubt.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello @Bryanna
Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it.
I have a follow-up question.

In this scenario of ours, we'll be booking a return ticket for her, but apply for her spousal sponsorship after she lands here. Will this create doubts at POE that she might stay back as visitor and not apply for spousal sponsorship. How can we avoid this doubt.
It stands to reason that you will apply for spousal PR (her intent to stay indefinitely) instead of seeking extensions to her visitor status (which could raise questions about the genuineness of the marriage).

She would have a return ticket that would help her to board the flight (most airlines won't allow someone to board if they have a one-way ticket as a visitor). So, she would be fine just in case she is asked at the POE

Reactions: penguin_2013

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hey @Bryanna thank you so much for your valuable responses. Its making my life easier :)

What kind of documents should my wife expect to show at port of entry in this case?

It stands to reason that you will apply for spousal PR (her intent to stay indefinitely) instead of seeking extensions to her visitor status (which could raise questions about the genuineness of the marriage).

She would have a return ticket that would help her to board the flight (most airlines won't allow someone to board if they have a one-way ticket as a visitor). So, she would be fine just in case she is asked at the POE

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey @Bryanna thank you so much for your valuable responses. Its making my life easier :)

What kind of documents should my wife expect to show at port of entry in this case?
The usual questions:
What is the purpose of your visit?
How long are you visiting?
Do you have funds for your visit?
Have you been ill recently?

She must answer as asked.... honestly.... and she must not volunteer any information

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
The usual questions:
What is the purpose of your visit?
How long are you visiting?
Do you have funds for your visit?
Have you been ill recently?

She must answer as asked.... honestly.... and she must not volunteer any information
Great thanks so much again!