waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
zeecee said:
We are planning to land in July in calgary, what would be best place to get apartment? Second how can we apply child tax benefit since we have no tax return in canada. What's the scope of IT jobs?

I would suggest Southeast because of its proximity to all amenities and government offices. IT prospects here is very bright as you can easily get a one. Every body gets Canadian child tax benefit regardless if you work or not. You just apply ones you come in, you can get the form from where you go to register for social insurance. Thanks

migrator

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
08-11-2013(Requested FBI clearance on 31st Jan'13, submitted on 15th Mar'13) and New Zealand PCC submitted on 4th May'13.
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2014
LANDED..........
In July 14
desydivy said:
I applied for FSW in April 2014 in London and was granted permanent resident in January 2013. We landed in Calgary in February 2013. We used Air-Transact which was the cheapest air line we could get, it cost us about £940 for me , my wife and two kids. Our excess cargo was shipped using Amiri cargo which in my opinion was the cheapest cargo company in London with a but which I will explain later.

Our flight departed from gatwick airport at 12 noon and we landed in Calgary YYC international airport at 4pm. There were lots of people waiting to be processed on the line but because of my young kids they allowed us skip the line and attended to us. The immigration service people were very nice as the lady that attended to me did help us carry some of our luggage as we were trekking to the room where the landing will be completed. The man who completed our landing documentation for us just asked me if we have got other kids of which the answer was no and he stamped and told us that we are now officially Canadian permanent resident.

We moved to custom where I gave them the list of all items with us and those to follow which they quickly stamped. I gave them picture of my wife jewelries but she told me that they don't need it. As we cam out from the airport a friend was already waiting for us and took us to the hotel (Econo Lodge in McLeod Trai where we paid for 2 days as I was optimistic that we will get a house soon.

The next day we started looking for a house and since I dint want a basement and a house in Northeast we did concentrate our effort in Southeast. Houses here is difficult for new immigrants because most of the landlord wants people with good credit history, to solve this problem I offered to pay for 3 months and the deposit of $500 which they agreed. The house is a 2 rooms condo which goes for $1250 a month including water and heating, I do pay for light which is an average of $40 a month.

To succeed in Calgary you need a drivers license because the city is so big and the transport system is not that good. Since I never had a UK drivers license I had to start the drivers license process from the start which I could explain to any body that is interested. It took me two weeks to get the Class 5 GDL.

The job prospect is very good as I wanted to start security in G4s which was paying $17 an hour of which I have been accepted before I got a professional job that pays $50+k a year in March of which I thank God for. I would be happy to give advise and answer questions from any body interested in coming to Calgary, Thanks

Hello Congratulations on landing in Calgary and settling down. I am from India and would be landing in Calgary in sometimes in July or August. I would prefer to stay in an Indian suburb which have temple, gurdwaras, and other amenities like groceries, pharmacy etc within an acceptable range. I am price sensitive too in terms of renting a house or a basement.

Could you pls suggest some areas where I can start looking out for renting a house.

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
desydivy said:
Compared to London, Calgary is not a small place but not as fast as london, London is a small place with lots of houses while Calgary has got a large land mass hence you need a car to take you from place to place as the mass transit is not in that wonderful as compared to the UK.

No condos are nice to live in, thats all I can say
Thank you!

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
desydivy said:
I applied for FSW in April 2014 in London and was granted permanent resident in January 2013. We landed in Calgary in February 2013. We used Air-Transact which was the cheapest air line we could get, it cost us about £940 for me , my wife and two kids. Our excess cargo was shipped using Amiri cargo which in my opinion was the cheapest cargo company in London with a but which I will explain later.

Our flight departed from gatwick airport at 12 noon and we landed in Calgary YYC international airport at 4pm. There were lots of people waiting to be processed on the line but because of my young kids they allowed us skip the line and attended to us. The immigration service people were very nice as the lady that attended to me did help us carry some of our luggage as we were trekking to the room where the landing will be completed. The man who completed our landing documentation for us just asked me if we have got other kids of which the answer was no and he stamped and told us that we are now officially Canadian permanent resident.

We moved to custom where I gave them the list of all items with us and those to follow which they quickly stamped. I gave them picture of my wife jewelries but she told me that they don't need it. As we cam out from the airport a friend was already waiting for us and took us to the hotel (Econo Lodge in McLeod Trai where we paid for 2 days as I was optimistic that we will get a house soon.

The next day we started looking for a house and since I dint want a basement and a house in Northeast we did concentrate our effort in Southeast. Houses here is difficult for new immigrants because most of the landlord wants people with good credit history, to solve this problem I offered to pay for 3 months and the deposit of $500 which they agreed. The house is a 2 rooms condo which goes for $1250 a month including water and heating, I do pay for light which is an average of $40 a month.

To succeed in Calgary you need a drivers license because the city is so big and the transport system is not that good. Since I never had a UK drivers license I had to start the drivers license process from the start which I could explain to any body that is interested. It took me two weeks to get the Class 5 GDL.

The job prospect is very good as I wanted to start security in G4s which was paying $17 an hour of which I have been accepted before I got a professional job that pays $50+k a year in March of which I thank God for. I would be happy to give advise and answer questions from any body interested in coming to Calgary, Thanks
How do you like calgary compare to UK ? what do you think of weather and job prospects ? I live in London and Been to torronto. I found the canadian salary structure is not that high as uk. your thoughts please

Grant2292012

Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for your post. Its very encouraging.

I am also planning of landing soon with my family in Calgary.

Please send me Amiri cargo shipping details in london.

And please can you explain job hurting in Calgary including driving license process in Calgary as I have never driven here in the UK.

I will appreciate your email address if you dont mind.

Thanks,
G

vix

Jun 16, 2010
Rakesh009 said:
Hi can you help me to find a job please in Calgary
Hi

If you are a newly landed immigrant in Calgary, try to visit the newcomers society office or CCIS. they will assist you in all your needs. they even provide you with employment counselor who can give you proper advice and even refer you to jobs. They are really good and helpful. we were able to get a job after 2 weeks of landing. Goodluck everybody. Its a beautiful country, you may listen to others' story but it doesn't mean you will have the same story.

desydivy

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
migrator said:
Hello Congratulations on landing in Calgary and settling down. I am from India and would be landing in Calgary in sometimes in July or August. I would prefer to stay in an Indian suburb which have temple, gurdwaras, and other amenities like groceries, pharmacy etc within an acceptable range. I am price sensitive too in terms of renting a house or a basement.

Could you pls suggest some areas where I can start looking out for renting a house.
Northeast will be your your very best bet as it meets all the criterias listed by you. Thanks

desydivy

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
manchai said:
How do you like calgary compare to UK ? what do you think of weather and job prospects ? I live in London and Been to torronto. I found the canadian salary structure is not that high as uk. your thoughts please
It depends on what you earn now in London, if your current salary is upto £40k then you might as well consider staying back in the UK if you have got at least an indefinite in the UK. But if it is below that and you do not have a stay in the UK I suggest you move to Canada where you have a permanent resident and a fairly good job (Calgary) thanks

desydivy

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Grant2292012 said:
Thanks for your post. Its very encouraging.

I am also planning of landing soon with my family in Calgary.

Please send me Amiri cargo shipping details in london.

And please can you explain job hurting in Calgary including driving license process in Calgary as I have never driven here in the UK.

I will appreciate your email address if you dont mind.

Thanks,

G

This is the address of Amiri cargo and a contact person as you requested

Rachel Tavakoli

Export Coordinator

Tel:0208 222 6661

Fax:0208 222 6699

Export@amiricargo.com

www.amiricargo.com

Since have never had a licence before it will take a minimum of one year from the day you passed the theory test to get a class 5 gdl licence. You pass the theory test, by their law you will have to observe their roads for a minimum one year before you are allowed to book a practical test that will lead to giving you a full licence. Hope this helps thanks

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
migrator said:

Hello, North East of Calgary, definately!!! Falconridge, Coral Springs for example. Calgary is very expensive, but the north east ist more affordable.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desydivy said:

At first, I would say thanks for sharing your success story, it really encourages us who r going to land soon.

Specifically, I would like to ask jobs prospectus for chemicals related (like chemists in manufacturing, quality control in pharmacy industry) jobs in Calgary, Edmonton or Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
phdmaker said:
At first, I would say thanks for sharing your success story, it really encourages us who r going to land soon.

Specifically, I would like to ask jobs prospectus for chemicals related (like chemists in manufacturing, quality control in pharmacy industry) jobs in Calgary, Edmonton or Toronto?

Thanks in advance.
You can check on job sites like monster.ca or www.wowjobs.ca. I entered "Chemist" into the search field. There may be better terms you are familiar with since it's your field of expertise. Also, keep in mind needs change. It's best to check over a period of time to see the trends.

http://jobsearch.monster.ca/jobs/?q=chemist&where=Calgary__2C-AB&cy=ca (1)

http://jobsearch.monster.ca/jobs/?q=chemist&where=edmonton__2C-ab&cy=ca (0)

http://jobsearch.monster.ca/jobs/?q=chemist&where=Toronto__2C-ON&cy=ca (1)

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
You can check on job sites like monster.ca or www.wowjobs.ca. I entered "Chemist" into the search field. There may be better terms you are familiar with since it's your field of expertise. Also, keep in mind needs change. It's best to check over a period of time to see the trends.

http://jobsearch.monster.ca/jobs/?q=chemist&where=Calgary__2C-AB&cy=ca (1)

http://jobsearch.monster.ca/jobs/?q=chemist&where=edmonton__2C-ab&cy=ca (0)

http://jobsearch.monster.ca/jobs/?q=chemist&where=Toronto__2C-ON&cy=ca (1)
Thanks. U always been so helpful :)

I have paid visit on such job search engines quite a few times but I am looking for views of those living there.

Best wishes.

desydivy

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
phdmaker said:
Thanks. U always been so helpful :)

I have paid visit on such job search engines quite a few times but I am looking for views of those living there.

Best wishes.
I am not sure about chemical engr, what you should first find out is if they need a Canadian licence to practice,thanks

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desydivy said:
I am not sure about chemical engr, what you should first find out is if they need a Canadian licence to practice,thanks
Chemist occupation is non-regulated & so, no licensing :)

But I'm afraid if our international education & experience gonna be accepted or we will be asked for pursuing first some Canadian studies (diploma/certificates) :eek:

Well, if this is the case, then I am thinking of joining NAIT for 2 years chemical engineering technology or chemical technology diploma. So, any idea if one can manage odd jobs along with studies as I have to look after my two cute little children & spouse of course.

Thanks.