+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colleges in Toronto (Art Fundamentals programs)

micdrop7

Jan 2, 2018
Hello everyone :)

I've been looking at different colleges with basic art programs:

- George Brown College: Art and Design Foundation Program (1 year)
- Seneca College: Art Fundamentals (8 months)
- Humber College: Art Foundation (1 year)
- Centennial College: Art and Design Fundamentals (1 year)

I'm going to Toronto next year (April - August) to do an university pathway program. My goal is to transfer to a college in fall. I'd like to study something in art but I am not sure which field yet, that's why I was thinking about doing an Art Fundamentals program.

Humber sounds good, so I'm planning to apply - but does anyone know about the other colleges?
I would choose based on their courses but an overall experience or opinion about the college itself would help me make a decision as well.

I would be very glad if you could share your opinion or tips etc. if you have applied or planning to apply to any of these colleges. Or if you are also going to do a pathway program at a language school! (or have done)
Thank you so much!

Jan 5, 2018
India
Hello everyone :)

I've been looking at different colleges with basic art programs:

- George Brown College: Art and Design Foundation Program (1 year)
- Seneca College: Art Fundamentals (8 months)
- Humber College: Art Foundation (1 year)
- Centennial College: Art and Design Fundamentals (1 year)

I'm going to Toronto next year (April - August) to do an university pathway program. My goal is to transfer to a college in fall. I'd like to study something in art but I am not sure which field yet, that's why I was thinking about doing an Art Fundamentals program.

Humber sounds good, so I'm planning to apply - but does anyone know about the other colleges?
I would choose based on their courses but an overall experience or opinion about the college itself would help me make a decision as well.

I would be very glad if you could share your opinion or tips etc. if you have applied or planning to apply to any of these colleges. Or if you are also going to do a pathway program at a language school! (or have done)
Thank you so much!
Can u tell me your profile....?

dya99

Jan 14, 2018
I think you should head over to the college websites and go through the course outline. You'll get a pretty solid idea of what each course offers.

Seneca, humber and centennial have each course hyperlinked, so you can find out what you'll be doing in each class in detail.
I'll be starting Graphic Design @Seneca this may, and overall I've heard pretty good things about their art programs. That being said you can learn a lot about art fundamentals from the net. Most of the theory and application.

OCAD is a university and not a college, hence they apparently charge more from international students. Also if you're going for a traditional art program OCAD would be great.

dreamy2536

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka VFS
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Doc's Request.
30-11-2017 [Additional documents]
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-12-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
Expected 30-06-2018
I am a current Grad student at OCAD and I would recommend OCAD if you want to continue with Post grad here.
Good Luck