+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

college/university for project management program in canada

nil_canada

Aug 17, 2016
Hi All,

I am planning for student visa preferably for project management course. I have 10 + years of IT exeperience, hence this 1 year course should be able to make my entry point to canada.
Could you please suggest some good colleges and their pros and cons?
Anybody who has applied or gone thru this course. pl share your valuable thoughts.

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
Are you married? Then get that student visa for your wife. That way, you can continue to work.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
nil_canada said:
Hi All,

I am planning for student visa preferably for project management course. I have 10 + years of IT exeperience, hence this 1 year course should be able to make my entry point to canada.
Could you please suggest some good colleges and their pros and cons?
Anybody who has applied or gone thru this course. pl share your valuable thoughts.
Depends on where you are planning to stay. I live on the west coast, and BC is best known for three schools: SFU, UBC & BCIT. The latter is very cheap and technical compared to the first ones. Also BCIT is very hands on and if you study well, you are 100% guaranteed you will land a job even before graduation. Do some google search on it, just keep in mind these bullet points:

-You will need to pay more since you are an international student.
-You will be gaining 1 year of work permit after your studies (if it's a one year course) (post graduate work permit is issued once, and only once in your life time in Canada).
-You will be needing to land a job from day 1 on your work permit till it expires, so you can go through CEC stream for immigration. Other wise you will need to go through LMIA process, which does not come easy!

Hope this helped.

Best of luck,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Add to the above a lot of PM courses are only for 8 months so always maybe look for a course with a coop attached at the end that makes up the 1 year to qualify for the 1 year PGWP.

Also of course check out if you get any support in applying for PMP certification.

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
I would recommend you not to come, the economy is going down, if you really want to work, US is the best place, hope this works

nil_canada

Aug 17, 2016
rezafc said:
Depends on where you are planning to stay. I live on the west coast, and BC is best known for three schools: SFU, UBC & BCIT. The latter is very cheap and technical compared to the first ones. Also BCIT is very hands on and if you study well, you are 100% guaranteed you will land a job even before graduation. Do some google search on it, just keep in mind these bullet points:

-You will need to pay more since you are an international student.
-You will be gaining 1 year of work permit after your studies (if it's a one year course) (post graduate work permit is issued once, and only once in your life time in Canada).
-You will be needing to land a job from day 1 on your work permit till it expires, so you can go through CEC stream for immigration. Other wise you will need to go through LMIA process, which does not come easy!
this helped.

Best of luck,

Thanks for your advise. Would like to know
- which year did you appear and at what age. I am 36 currently with 11 years of experience in Information Technology (Data analysis and testing)
- the process to be followed. fees etc. and willl you get the student visa easily.
- How to initiate process?
- The 3 schools you mentioned above are they universities or private schools?

nil_canada

Aug 17, 2016
- which year did you appear and at what age. I am 36 currently with 11 years of experience in Information Technology (Data analysis and testing)
- the process to be followed. fees etc. and willl you get the student visa easily.

nil_canada

Aug 17, 2016
MubinSultan said:
I would recommend you not to come, the economy is going down, if you really want to work, US is the best place, hope this works

Can you please suggest genuine consultant for H1B?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
nil_canada said:
- I came to Canada in 2010.
- Yes if you follow the legal steps, I don't see why not? Nonetheless gaining a student visa has it's own procedures, and nobody said it's going to be easy, specially at your age. After all it's a 1 year course and you are not contributing that much compared to 4 to 6 years of courses that some people take.
- Start by applying and getting an admission, all the known schools have their own international sector to help you out. Start by contacting them.
- The 3 schools I mentioned are not private, they are colleges + universities - government approved. While doing your research on schools see if they are approved. Read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/schools.asp

Best of luck,