+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co Op work

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
Hi All,

For student who done co op in Canadian university, how much you earn? is it consider from the program requirement or is it option? what is the benefits from doing that?

Kind regards

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In some of the courses co-op is optional but in some programs co-op is mandatory. and how much you can earn it totally depends on what is your field of study? Technical guys probably earn more than business students.

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
God of war said:
In some of the courses co-op is optional but in some programs co-op is mandatory. and how much you can earn it totally depends on what is your field of study? Technical guys probably earn more than business students.
Thank you for reply and I would like to ask you more questions, In my program, I will study 9 courses plus project,and I expected to finish in 1.5 years, if I apply for co op do you think the duration will extend, also I noticed in university website that there is difference between the tuition fees for co op student and standard student where co op will be 16K per year where standard pay 14K per year, my question why? I suppose earn money from doing work not pay.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your course is 1.5 years without co-op then it will definitely take more time if you will do co-op. and there is tuition fee difference because you have to pay extra money if you want to do co-op [14k +(2k for co-op fee)]. Which course you are planning to take?You have to get a co-op work-permit and "Your intended employment must be an essential part of your program of study in Canada."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp
Moneer said:
Thank you for reply and I would like to ask you more questions, In my program, I will study 9 courses plus project,and I expected to finish in 1.5 years, if I apply for co op do you think the duration will extend, also I noticed in university website that there is difference between the tuition fees for co op student and standard student where co op will be 16K per year where standard pay 14K per year, my question why? I suppose earn money from doing work not pay.

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
kumar_naresh1997 said:
What is the benefit of coop
Yes, what is the benefit of co op if we will spend more time than program length and this time will not be consider as experience, please reply if you have any comment.

Regards

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you will get Canadian work experience, money and contacts. Probably you could get full-time offer from the same company after graduation. So, there are lots of benefit.
Moneer said:
Yes, what is the benefit of co op if we will spend more time than program length and this time will not be consider as experience, please reply if you have any comment.

Regards