June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello Friends,
i came accross this co-op program in canada, where there is a list of colleges/universities where these program are run. they are approved by immigraion dept. check the link below;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp
can anyone in forum reply on this, if they have explored this route to settle in canada?
is there anyone in forum who is already on this program?
any information shared here will be valuable
many more questions to come...

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
goodmrng1947 said:
Hello Friends,
i came accross this co-op program in canada, where there is a list of colleges/universities where these program are run. they are approved by immigraion dept. check the link below;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp
can anyone in forum reply on this, if they have explored this route to settle in canada?
is there anyone in forum who is already on this program?
any information shared here will be valuable
many more questions to come...
COOP helps in many ways:

Yon get the professional experience as a part of your studies which will help you a lot when you will apply for job after your studies.
COOP students usually get higher salaries because of their pre experience.
COOP term helps them to meet their expenses with greater ease as you will be working FULL TIME during your COOP term.
Sometimes it is tough to find COOP placement but usually colleges/universities help the students to get it.

If someone is looking to purse for further higher studies and research then COOP is surely not for him/her.

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
great, i thought about it, thanks for the reply,
is there any age limit for these COOP programs? or anyone can apply? and can spouse and minor kids can also join the applicat?
usman_14pk said:
COOP helps in many ways:

Yon get the professional experience as a part of your studies which will help you a lot when you will apply for job after your studies.
COOP students usually get higher salaries because of their pre experience.
COOP term helps them to meet their expenses with greater ease as you will be working FULL TIME during your COOP term.
Sometimes it is tough to find COOP placement but usually colleges/universities help the students to get it.

If someone is looking to purse for further higher studies and research then COOP is surely not for him/her.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
goodmrng1947 said:
great, i thought about it, thanks for the reply,
is there any age limit for these COOP programs? or anyone can apply? and can spouse and minor kids can also join the applicat?
YES, spouse and kids can also accompany to Canada and even you can apply for Open Work Permit for your spouse.

I don't think there will be age limit in doing COOP placement. It also depends on your university/college where you are planning to get admission. If they have no issue with your age while giving you the admission in COOP then that that means they are also allowing you to go for COOP placement.

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thank you very much Usman, appreciate your info, i will have to do some more research before i decide to go any further. Which college you opted for? and what is your course duration? is there a chance of SPP that i may consider? any particular college where fees are comparatively lesser than other places? or any particular location where opportunities are better than other? Toronto will have better opportunities but will be expensive, but any level 2 cities/urban areas where its better? if you have any leads on these please let me know, thanks

usman_14pk said:
YES, spouse and kids can also accompany to Canada and even you can apply for Open Work Permit for your spouse.

I don't think there will be age limit in doing COOP placement. It also depends on your university/college where you are planning to get admission. If they have no issue with your age while giving you the admission in COOP then that that means they are also allowing you to go for COOP placement.

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello Friends,

Would like to call upon people with below special situations; rest all are more than welcome to share the information;

who has work exp more than 8 years
who is planning to take their family along while perusing studies in Canada
who is of age more than 30 years +
and who passes all of the above situation and already landed in Canada...

well i guess their intention was not to study ;-)

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
preethy.wils said:
So, does this mean that if ure involved in a MASc thesis program, u wont be able to participate for co op?
With the recommendation of our supervisor, we can add additional COOP term in our MASc degree program.