Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
superman2012 said:
***Review Required**Application identified as part of the 2016 reduction exercise for certain spouses or Common-Law Partner in Canada Applications. Application requires closer review.

This is the first note that I can see on my GCMS
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
ImABule said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp
what do you think Iamblue the meaning of this? I know someone and her GCMS is like this also and she just landed last month.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
superman2012 said:
what do you think Iamblue the meaning of this? I know someone and her GCMS is like this also and she just landed last month.
2016 reduction exercise means they identified your app for faster processing.

It's a good thing after all.

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My Wife(sponsor) ordered GCMS notes and it shows the below.
***Review Required**Application identified as part of the 2016 reduction exercise for certain spouses or Common-Law Partner in Canada Applications. Application requires closer review.

Should I be concerned? What would be the next steps? The note is actually 3 months old and I didn't received any communication from CIC till date. August-14 applicant and only AOR and police certificates requests till now

I am actually bit worried.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
kapilhere said:
Hi Everyone,

Should I be concerned? What would be the next steps? The note is actually 3 months old and I didn't received any communication from CIC till date. August-14 applicant and only AOR and police certificates requests till now

Very strange wording they use. It appears to be identified for a faster review and then they throw in that last sentence about a closer review. My guess is that too cic it means the same thing. Closer meaning speed it up but it is cic and that is just a guess.

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Sous02 said:
Very strange wording they use. It appears to be identified for a faster review and then they throw in that last sentence about a closer review. My guess is that too cic it means the same thing. Closer meaning speed it up but it is cic and that is just a guess.
Anybody else having an opinion or have seen the notes before

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
superman2012 said:
Superman - did you got any communication from CIC after that

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
grapepai said:
I have the same note!!!! pls let me know how is going with your application!
My opinion here (as an inlander-spouse with an application in SIR):
The note is identifying the case as a SIR target. The "Closer review required" bit is because they are attempting to push as much of the SIR applications out of CPC-M as they can. The "Closer Review" happens at local VO's (who also are the VO's responsible for landing you). That VO is responsible for completing the QA work on the file before landing.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp

Section 3:
3 Streamlined processing of straightforward cases

In order to allow for a more effective processing, in-Canada spousal applications already in the inventory will be pre-assessed to identify applications which are straightforward and may be streamlined, and which applications require a closer review.

Processing of the SCLPC applications in the inventory, other than those already referred to local offices for closer review, will be conducted by CPR. Cases already referred to local offices will be processed using usual procedures. In all applications, officers will ensure that an integrated search is performed as per normal procedures, with special attention to potential excluded relationships.

Cases may be referred to local offices if further review or an interview is required, as per section 5.34 of chapter IP 8 (PDF, 898.94 KB).

Section 6 & 7:
6 Local offices: processing of complex cases

Local offices will continue to process applications referred from CPR that require further review or an interview as per current guidelines. Local offices may also be involved in the processing of cases included in quality assurance exercises.

7 Finalization of applications

As part of the file management process, CPR will coordinate with regional local offices when finalizing applications to allow local offices to effectively manage the granting of permanent residence status to a significant number of applicants.

grapepai

Sep 13, 2016
profiler said:
My opinion here (as an inlander-spouse with an application in SIR):
The note is identifying the case as a SIR target. The "Closer review required" bit is because they are attempting to push as much of the SIR applications out of CPC-M as they can. The "Closer Review" happens at local VO's (who also are the VO's responsible for landing you). That VO is responsible for completing the QA work on the file before landing.

In order to allow for a more effective processing, in-Canada spousal applications already in the inventory will be pre-assessed to identify applications which are straightforward and may be streamlined, and which applications require a closer review.

Processing of the SCLPC applications in the inventory, other than those already referred to local offices for closer review, will be conducted by CPR. Cases already referred to local offices will be processed using usual procedures. In all applications, officers will ensure that an integrated search is performed as per normal procedures, with special attention to potential excluded relationships.

Cases may be referred to local offices if further review or an interview is required, as per section 5.34 of chapter IP 8 (PDF, 898.94 KB).[/i]

Section 6 & 7:
6 Local offices: processing of complex cases

Local offices will continue to process applications referred from CPR that require further review or an interview as per current guidelines. Local offices may also be involved in the processing of cases included in quality assurance exercises.

7 Finalization of applications

As part of the file management process, CPR will coordinate with regional local offices when finalizing applications to allow local offices to effectively manage the granting of permanent residence status to a significant number of applicants.

Processing of the SCLPC applications in the inventory, other than those already referred to local offices for closer review, will be conducted by CPR. Cases already referred to local offices will be processed using usual procedures.

I think ours is in the "usual" time, Not the "fast" case.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
grapepai said:
[/b]

I think ours is in the "usual" time, Not the "fast" case.
Why do you believe that? Did you have a case in prior to or on June 13 2016 and no AIP yet on that date?

EDIT:
I have tried a couple times to explain to some others about the processing of SIR cases. Here is what I shared with them:

SIR cases have no temporal link to each other. There is no way you can watch your submission date or the AOR date to figure out when you will be processed. That's not at all what they are doing.

If you look at your GCMS notes, there is a "Group #" field. This is how CIC has organised cases into logical groups or units. They are then processing all the cases in that group before moving to the next group. If you look at the link I pasted above, Section '2 File Management' (I think?) explains that. The only temporal link we have been able to establish is between document request waves. They are working through and landing applications from the June 16-18 document request wave currently. The only way to know what Group # they are presently working, people would have to share Group #'s.

Otherwise, yes they are no doubt working on your case in the fast stream -- otherwise you would have had an interview or document request by now.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
kapilhere said:
Hi Everyone,

Hi there! Are you August 2015 or 2016 applicant ?

grapepai

Sep 13, 2016
profiler said:
Why do you believe that? Did you have a case in prior to or on June 13 2016 and no AIP yet on that date?

EDIT:
I have tried a couple times to explain to some others about the processing of SIR cases. Here is what I shared with them:

SIR cases have no temporal link to each other. There is no way you can watch your submission date or the AOR date to figure out when you will be processed. That's not at all what they are doing.

If you look at your GCMS notes, there is a "Group #" field. This is how CIC has organised cases into logical groups or units. They are then processing all the cases in that group before moving to the next group. If you look at the link I pasted above, Section '2 File Management' (I think?) explains that. The only temporal link we have been able to establish is between document request waves. They are working through and landing applications from the June 16-18 document request wave currently. The only way to know what Group # they are presently working, people would have to share Group #'s.

Otherwise, yes they are no doubt working on your case in the fast stream -- otherwise you would have had an interview or document request by now.
My AOR is Jan 6 2016. no AIP.......

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
grapepai said:
My AOR is Jan 6 2016. no AIP.......
Then provided you applied inland, your case is included in the SIR.