+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit

rkmit

Jun 27, 2012
Hi,

I am on a closed work permit with company X, came in as a intra company transfer mode (no LMO). My Company X has many clients in Canada, am i eligible to work with any of those clients with my work permit? or is it attached with client? Appreciate your response. Thanks.

kiranvks

Jul 26, 2010
Hi

A Closed Work Permit document typically states what employer you are bound to.
Cannot work for any other employer (includes your employer's clients) other than what is stated on your Work Permit. Hope this helps

Thanks
Kiran

rkmit

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
To be precise, I came to Canada on an ICT (Intra company Transfer) closed work permit. My Work permit paper have my employer name (XYZ) and no client name mentioned. Am I still not eligible to work for other client with same employer (XYZ)? Please let me know. Appreciate your response.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
To work with anyone EXCEPT the employer whose name was on closed work permit (in your case XYZ), you will need a new LMO (if needed in the first place) and work permit. Same work permit cannot be used.

rkmit

Jun 27, 2012
My employer is a consulting firm and they have more than one client in Canada. My question here is my work permit is closed with my consulting firm only, not with client. Now for the same employer, I want to work with some other client, am I eligible? Please let me know. Because my employer themselves not sure about it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rkmit said:
My employer is a consulting firm and they have more than one client in Canada. My question here is my work permit is closed with my consulting firm only, not with client. Now for the same employer, I want to work with some other client, am I eligible? Please let me know. Because my employer themselves not sure about it.
As long as you are an employee of your employer (consulting firm) in writing and on their pay role, it does not matter which client you work for. But your employer should have all documentation proving you are their employee. Things like tax details etc. should also confirm the same.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rkmit said:
Thank you very much..Appreciate it. Your information is very helpful.
You are most welcome and i am glad it could be of use to others. :)