+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clean shave now,had moustache when applied for express entry immigration

new to canada

Jul 30, 2017
Dear experts on the forum,

I have applied for express entry immigration to Canada,and have recently received an email to submit my passport to the Canadian embassy.
In my express entry profile ,I have submitted my photo with mustache as I had mustache all my life.However recently ( before getting email for passport submission ) , I clean shaved my mustache and I want to be without mustache rest of my life.The embassy needs my recent photo along with my original passport.

My question is ;if I submit my recent look photo ( clean shaven) will there be any problem as in the express entry profile my photo is with mustache?
Or if I grow mustache,take photo and submit to embassy,shave again and then travel to Canada ,will the officials at the port of Canadian entry have any problems?
I am confused what to do,please help.

thanks

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Haha! Thank you for your question. You've made my day.

They wouldn't care if you have changed your sex since your AOR, although in that case you may want to update them if you have also changed your passport.

Reactions: adi.urban

new to canada

Jul 30, 2017
Haha! Thank you for your question. You've made my day.

They wouldn't care if you have changed your sex since your AOR, although in that case you may want to update them if you have also changed your passport.
Thanks for your answer.
On my passport its also mustache on my photo.So do u think I can submit my photo with a new look? And it wont cause a problem when they will take photo for my Canadian PR card?
please do not mind if this is a silly question,but I am really concerned.
thanks again

Reactions: maged_mmh

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Can they still see that those two photos belong to the same person? If so, I don't see any problem.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks for your answer.
On my passport its also mustache on my photo.So do u think I can submit my photo with a new look? And it wont cause a problem when they will take photo for my Canadian PR card?
please do not mind if this is a silly question,but I am really concerned.
thanks again
It does not matter

new to canada

Jul 30, 2017
I do not know whether they will appreciate any difference between the photos,that is why I am asking this question.May be anyone else in the forum had encountered the same situation?

Reactions: maged_mmh

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Really good question :) Mate, your worry is understandable. I've never kept beard my entire life, minus the last 2 years. Now I have a long beard (don't envy anyone please!). My passport has a baby face photo and my express entry has a photo of a man with long beard. I know my example doesn't match with your situation here, but you can imagine that they won't care!

PS - This is why I love this forum :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
:DSeriously glad I found this thread! Just got the email a few hours ago and this is my concern as well. Recently grew a beard and prefer not to shave it. The problem is I look 10 years younger without it and I also submitted a clean shaven pic of me for the application. :D