+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Classes starting on 2nd August. Haven't got my Visa as at.

chumer

Jul 28, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I am from Pakistan and I applied for my Study Permit Online on 3rd June with upfront medicals and police certificate. My application is being processed in Abu Dhabi office. I got admission in Goodman School of Business, Brock University, Ontario for International Master of Accountancy (IMAcc) which is starting today (2nd August) and this program start only once a year and I cannot afford to defer it to next August.

I hold a BSc (Hons.) degree in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom and I am also an ACCA Affiliate. My IELTS score was 7 overall. I uploaded all the required documents with my Study Permit Application. I have a good Bank Statement which shows that I can afford to study in Canada.

I have not got my Study Permit as yet. My application status is that my Medical was updated to PASSED on 19th July. What do you guys think should I do? And what are the chances of getting Visa approval after the Medical was Passed.

Please share your opinions.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Contact your school and explain your situation. Ask them when the latest date is to start and latest to withdraw with a full refund.

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Ur uni might allow u to come 2-4weeks after course start.
U should contact them.

Have u tried to call cic,email and visit cic?
Not sure but u should try do something i think

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Processing time for you is 14 weeks, if you applied on 3rd June, its only been 9 weeks. You should have applied earlier. In your case, you can either defer for January intake(if available for your course) or ask your university if you can join a little late.

chumer

Jul 28, 2016
Thanks guys for your replies.

I sent an email to Abu Dhabi office, explaining this issue on 15th of July and they replied on 21st July. They replied that my application is in queue for review by an officer.
I didn't get any other response after that.

And I called my University today and they have told me if I don't join classes in a day or two they can't accommodate me this year and will have to deffer my program next year.

Farko

Jan 26, 2016
It doesn't matter when u want to
Start school
Wat matters is their processing time
Am sure ur application has not
Wait up to the processing time
U can defer ur admission

hasan999

Jul 23, 2016
chumer said:
Hello Everyone!

I am from Pakistan and I applied for my Study Permit Online on 3rd June with upfront medicals and police certificate. My application is being processed in Abu Dhabi office. I got admission in Goodman School of Business, Brock University, Ontario for International Master of Accountancy (IMAcc) which is starting today (2nd August) and this program start only once a year and I cannot afford to defer it to next August.

I hold a BSc (Hons.) degree in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom and I am also an ACCA Affiliate. My IELTS score was 7 overall. I uploaded all the required documents with my Study Permit Application. I have a good Bank Statement which shows that I can afford to study in Canada.

I have not got my Study Permit as yet. My application status is that my Medical was updated to PASSED on 19th July. What do you guys think should I do? And what are the chances of getting Visa approval after the Medical was Passed.

Please share your opinions.
Hey chumer, did you get admitted on the basis of your obu degree or acca? I just competed my obu with s first class honours and got 7.5 overall on ielts and want to apply for the same program.