+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Class 7 driver's license permit

Maxuha

May 7, 2013
Hi all,
I have international drive’s lincense(still valid for 2 month in Canada) that I sent for GDL exemption after I passed Class 7 exam.
I’ve been told by a representative of a local registry that for this period of time, until I’ll pass Class 5 exam, I have to drive within class 7 permit, i.e. only if I have someone with Class 5 accompanies me.
My wife has also international drive’s Incense(also valid for 2 month) and my question is following, is she able to be my accompanying and to allow me to drive(with her near me) until I’ll get class 5?
Thanks in advance,
Maxim

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maxuha said:
Hi all,
I have international drive's lincense(still valid for 2 month in Canada) that I sent for GDL exemption after I passed Class 7 exam.
I've been told by a representative of a local registry that for this period of time, until I'll pass Class 5 exam, I have to drive within class 7 permit, i.e. only if I have someone with Class 5 accompanies me.
My wife has also international drive's Incense(also valid for 2 month) and my question is following, is she able to be my accompanying and to allow me to drive(with her near me) until I'll get class 5?
Thanks in advance,
Maxim
What province? In Ontario, the experienced person needs to have 4 years experience listed on their Ontario driver's licence.

Maxuha

May 7, 2013
In Alberta.
I just spoke with Alberta government services, and they said, that I'm able to drive, unless someone, who fully licensed(even if he has not a local licese) seats near me :)
Cheers

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
OhCanadiana said:
What province? In Ontario, the experienced person needs to have 4 years experience listed on their Ontario driver's licence.
I'm curious.. Where on the Ontario drivers licence is the experience listed, as I couldn't find it.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
I'm curious.. Where on the Ontario drivers licence is the experience listed, as I couldn't find it.
Look for the 'dots' on the front, just right of middle bottom (on the left margin of the section with the signature). You have up to 4, each representing one year experience. So, essentially, a G1 licenced driver needs to be accompanied by someone with 4 'dots' on their licence.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Look for the 'dots' on the front, just right of middle bottom (on the left margin of the section with the signature). You have up to 4, each representing one year experience. So, essentially, a G1 licenced driver needs to be accompanied by someone with 4 'dots' on their licence.
+1 You learn something new every day... So, they have credited me with my UK experience, 4 dots. Thanks.