+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification required about Proof of Fund

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello,

My friend has accounts in below counties.
1. One Canada Bank
2. One Bank account in UK
3. One bank account in India.

He is only account holder of all these accounts. He has some confussion regarding proof of fund.
1. Can he can support bank statements letters from all above bank along with his application? will CIC consider these has Proof of fund from applicant?
2. Is it possible to take just print out of all bank statements and submit along with his application?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As question of banks, i guess yes it would be accepted as long funds are name of applicant, fuds should be some thing like available immidiately, so its not a matter if he have funds in uk but with Debit card, he can take in India, that works fine.

About proof of funds, see visa office specific website where he/she is applying from, visa specific offices have some defferent/strict/simple particular requirements.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
In Visa specific guide having below lines

Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and
instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible
currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
• current bank certification letter; or
• evidence of savings balance; or
• fixed or time deposit statements.

My friend has accounts in below counties.
1. One bank account in Canada -- in CAD
2. One Bank account in UK - In GBP
3. One bank account in India -- In INR...

He is facing problem to get HARD copy of bank statments from Canada & UK bank.He can submit online bank statment for these two country...He can manage from India.... So coming to question. Print out of all three accounts are enough to support application?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Abhishek12 said:
Any Help.:)
In order for him to provide the proof of funds to CIC, he needs the hard copies from the Bank itself and not online statements. They need to be on the Bank's letterhead.

If the Indian bank account is enough to satisfy the CIC requirement, then he do not need to show other banks, but if it is not enough then he do need statements from all banks. No Online statements will be accepted.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello NewYorker,

Thank you for reply. I have a different opinion. If this guy submits online statement (Print out on smiple A4 size paper) for Canadian Bank, I am sure that CIC have some mechanism to check the account information from Canada Bank (Kind of Internal Verification).
It is same like, Applicant has not to submit PCC for Canada, if he is there for more than 6 months. In other word, for other than Canada, applicant has to submit PCC to CIC office, if he stays there more than 6 months.

Let me know your view.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
In addition to all,

He would arrange FAX copy (for UK bank statement) from UK bank. So question is FAX copy of Bank statment accept or not as Proof of fund

Request to all, enlighten some experience,if any one has.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Abhishek12 said:
Hello NewYorker,

Thank you for reply. I have a different opinion. If this guy submits online statement (Print out on smiple A4 size paper) for Canadian Bank, I am sure that CIC have some mechanism to check the account information from Canada Bank (Kind of Internal Verification).
It is same like, Applicant has not to submit PCC for Canada, if he is there for more than 6 months. In other word, for other than Canada, applicant has to submit PCC to CIC office, if he stays there more than 6 months.

Let me know your view.
They do not have time to check everyone's Bank statements and other documents, they pick randomly or if they are in doubt. They will not accept the Online statement. But I do not have a crystal ball, I don't know what will happen, I am just telling you the rule.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
I submitted my online statement as proof of funds. I never heard anything from the CIC but my laywer said it is acceptable.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
I have a similar situation. I will send past statements in hardcopy, current statement downloaded online. Hope by the time CIC responds asking for hard copy statement, I would have obtained. There are instances where CIC despite sending hard copies originally, again require proof of funds at a later stage either at the time of interview or medical request etc.,

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello Babutv2000,

I am sure that CIC have some mechanism to check the account information from Canada Bank (Kind of Internal Verification).

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
If this is the case, everyone just give CIC an online statement or faxed statement and CIC open a new department just to verify thousands of statements by calling banks all over the world.

It is all up to your friend, he want to follow instructions or just do whatever they think is right to do.

midhunov

Apr 26, 2009
I would like to know whether Life Insurance Policy can be used for calculation of 'Proof of Fund'. If so, should I need to take into consideration the premium amount paid or the full insurance amount.