+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification regarding letter from the Case Processing Centre

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
Hi, everyone! I'm sponsoring my husband (in-land) and I've just received a letter from the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville. The letter states that I've met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and explains my duties/obligations. It also states if my husband's application of PR (keyword: IF) for Permanent Residence is approved, my obligations will begin on the same day he comes a PR of Canada.

That I understand. What I need a little help on is this:

To me they say that I meet the sponsorship requirement and that they'll contact my husband regarding his application (which will be processed separately). To him they're saying a decision has been made regarding that. So how does this two things tie up? Do you guys smell something positive?! Should we be cautious or be happy? It's been one hell of a nauseating year for all of us involved...

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
hmmm... basically they're notifying you as the sponsor that you're eligible to sponsor your husband. Your letter might arrive a few days earlier than your husband's. Check your Ecas. My husband sponsored me and in his page shows a
decision made for the sponsorship application status
not available for permanent residence application status

then my ecas page is requestion for my medicals.
we got AIP. :)

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Gemini-

The "Decision Made" is most likely that he reached the FIRST Stage of Approval, the letter for him just hasn't reached you yet.

"Decision made" can mean many things on e-cas, like the medical has been received and ok'd, and so on.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Actually, decision made means there has been a decision on something. When sponsoring someone, there's usually two (as there are two applications): one for when the sponsorship is approved and another for when the application for permanent residency is approved or rejected. You wouldn't get "Decision Made" when just the medicals are received.

J

jdwhite21

Gemini:

Congrats on your sponsorship approval. We are also doing an inland application, can you tell me how long it took you to get AIP?

Thanks
Jess.

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
Thanks everyone for replying! We just received a letter today stating that my husband is eligible and that he can apply for a work permit as well as a study permit if he wishes!! They also asked for his fingerprints and we've got it done and hopefully the RCMP will receive it soon! Oh man...I can't explain the amount of stress we've been going through for the last one year. I spent countless sleepless nights being all depressed and scared. I've gone through many things before but have never dealt with anything like this! Just the thought of things not working out and living without him freaks me out! But yea hopefully things will get much better in the near future. We can't wait 'til everything is over! As soon as things settles down we're packing our bags and heading back home where his family is just dying to see their son after almost 8 years and meet me for the very first time!!

To those who are still waiting....do NOT lose hope or faith. It's very, very difficult to do as I'm still finding out but if you've been truthful with your informations, things will work out. I honestly believe that now! We're ofcourse still waiting for the official approval...so please pray for us!

To jdwhite21: We filed the applications on Nov. 21st and they started processing mid-Dec. We've got the first letter on May 21st.
So....about 6 months. Fortunately nothing has been delayed so far..and hopefully nothing will. Good luck!

J

jdwhite21

Thanks for the good luck wish...
That's not too bad, only 6 months for AIP. I will definitely pray for you, I agree with you about never going through anything like this. Even just filling out the applications seemed stressful enough let alone waiting for replies. I hope everything else goes without a hitch for you guys and soon enough you will be meeting your husband's parents!!!

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
gemini13,

congrats. i sent my application november 3rd and haven't recieved anything yet. started processing december 2nd. my wife's ecas says started processing may 11. i'm inspired with your story.. hopefully i get mine soon.. this has been really long and anxious wait..

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
The whole ordeal is enough to drive a completely sane person totally insane! We called the Call Centre today and they said they're sending him his OHIP and Open Work Permit applications (phew!) and asked for a police clearance report from back home. Then there will be some background checks...sheesh! The wait is still not over, who knows how long that will take!

rich_m0nd, hopefully you'll hear something towards the end of this month or in June. Maybe what you can do meanwhile is call them or send them a letter asking for information. About 8/9 years ago my uncle was sponsoring his wife (also inland) and he kept writing letter once (sometimes twice!) a month to CIC and I guess it sorta drove them crazy because he says it took them about 3 1/2-4 months!! He has advised me the same but I guess I could wait another month or two.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
gemini13,

when did you send your application? mine was on november 3rd. you're completely right. i'm going insane waiting anxiously. one thing as well is my open work permit expires on july 28. i don't know if i should wait for the reply from cic or send an extension. this is from my refugee claim. i'm thinking that if i already apply then i need to reapply and pay again.

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
I sent everything in Nov. 21st and they started processing in Dec. It took them 6 months send in the AIP. I think refugee claims and family class sponsorship has great differences and I don't really know much about it...

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
gemini13,

oh sorry to confuse you. i have 2 different applications. my sponsorship was sent and recieved on november 3rd and started processing december 2. but there still no update. it's almost 7 months for my application.