+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

clarification on photos/id for child not accompanying parent on spousal application

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

On the spousal application (permanent resident) you must acknowledge children, even if you do not plan on them accompanying their parent as a permanent resident. Does anyone know if you still need to forward their pictures and copy of ID with your spousal permanent resident application?
Thanks.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Photos
If your application is approved, we’ll use the photos you include in your application package to create a Permanent Resident Card for you (and your family members, if applicable).

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Photos
If your application is approved, we’ll use the photos you include in your application package to create a Permanent Resident Card for you (and your family members, if applicable).
Thanks for responding however this does not answer my question. Each child must be listed on the permanent resident application even when they are not accompanying the parent. But it does not then say whether or not they have to submit pictures. These children still must pass a medical exam but then does not clarify(to what i have researched) about other documents.

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Thanks for responding however this does not answer my question. Each child must be listed on the permanent resident application even when they are not accompanying the parent. But it does not then say whether or not they have to submit pictures. These children still must pass a medical exam but then does not clarify(to what i have researched) about other documents.
I submitted my application with only my step daughter’s birth certificate, as that’s how the rep who I initally went to for advice, advised me since she’s not accompanying. Hope this helps!

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

On the spousal application (permanent resident) you must acknowledge children, even if you do not plan on them accompanying their parent as a permanent resident. Does anyone know if you still need to forward their pictures and copy of ID with your spousal permanent resident application?
Thanks.
No pictures, unless they are accompanying. Am doing the same thing right now, I will not add any pictures for then since they wont be accompanying my husband , but I will include a copy of their birth certificate, and add them to the form to make sure they can be sponsored later

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
No pictures, unless they are accompanying. Am doing the same thing right now, I will not add any pictures for then since they wont be accompanying my husband , but I will include a copy of their birth certificate, and add them to the form to make sure they can be sponsored later
Thanks so much