+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification needed for Spouse Application

ashishg1986

Sep 11, 2014
Hi All,

I have done my MBA from University of Toronto and I will be applying for CEC once I complete 12 months in my full-time job.
Currently I am on Post Graduate Work Permit so my spouse can easily come to Canada on an open work permit. But once my CEC application is submitted then what is the way in which I can get my spouse here? My doubt is that once PR application is under process then it becomes really difficult to get a visa for your spouse. Also is it possible to add her name to my PR application. Please clarify.

Regards,
AG

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Yes you have to declare her as your dependent and have to add in application .
PR application and visa are two different paths which do not effect each other , Yes if you already a PR and you sponsor your wife meanwhile as far I know she can't get a visa until her sponsorship is approved.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ashishg1986 said:
I have done my MBA from University of Toronto and I will be applying for CEC once I complete 12 months in my full-time job.
Currently I am on Post Graduate Work Permit so my spouse can easily come to Canada on an open work permit. But once my CEC application is submitted then what is the way in which I can get my spouse here? My doubt is that once PR application is under process then it becomes really difficult to get a visa for your spouse.

If your spouse comes here on an open work permit, it will be valid as long as your PGWP is valid, your CEC application will not have an impact either work permit.

Also is it possible to add her name to my PR application. Please clarify.

Of course. You would be the principal applicant, and she would be considered a dependent (Spouse), (not dependent-Child