+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming points for qualification after Initial approval from CIO+ VO fee

FahadKhan_31

Oct 17, 2010
Respected Forum members,

Hi, hope everyone will be doing fine. I am new on this forum and need your kind help as i am confused with 2 issues after i got the initial approval from CIO Canada and have been recommended to visa office London.

1- I have 16 years of education (Diploma engineering in computer hardware Duration 3years + Bachelors degree from university in telecom/IT Duration 3 years)

How many points I will have? Because as per instruction guide

A- three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study
22 Points

B- university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor's level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study
20 Points

Secondly,

I have paid my processing fee (1250 CAD) to CIO already which they have mentioned in the initial response but I need to know how much I need to pay more while sending my documents and application to visa office. as the Visa office check list payment option is confusing for me. Thanks and waiting for your prompt reply.

Kind Regards,
Fahad

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fahad,

1 - You will get 22 points - 16 yrs of full time education and 3 yrs diploma.

2 - You have a choice to pay the PRPF fee either with the full docs or at the time of medicals when visa officer will request you for the fee. The PRPF fee is $490 per person and $150 for child. Most people wait for the medical request and pay the fees with medicals, choice is yours.

Cheers
Saki

FahadKhan_31

Oct 17, 2010
Dear Saki,

Thanks a lot for your kind help.... 22 points with my IELTS result makes 67 in the final points calculation of Visa office :)

Can you please elaborate one more thing that initially when i sent my application to CIO i used maximum points of english language (16) but now My IELTS result (6.5 Band overall) say's (after calculating each section) i have 10 points from language section. Does it make a difference on my application? Thanks

Regards,
Fahad

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Saki, i believe RPRF for minors is waived off?

saki said:
Hi Fahad,

1 - You will get 22 points - 16 yrs of full time education and 3 yrs diploma.

2 - You have a choice to pay the PRPF fee either with the full docs or at the time of medicals when visa officer will request you for the fee. The PRPF fee is $490 per person and $150 for child. Most people wait for the medical request and pay the fees with medicals, choice is yours.

Cheers
Saki