+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming NOC

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hello,
My job experiences are like below:
Aug 2011 ─ Dec 2012 ► Research Trainee (Bangladesh)
June 2014 ─ May 2016 ► Cook ( Canada)
Nov 2016 ─ Till date ► Research Trainee (Bangladesh)
Dec 2016 ─ Till date ► Part time Cook in a Music Cafe Restaurant (Bangladesh)
As per my job experience would I be better of showing job continuation only on COOK or both Cook and Research Trainee?
Further more, I couldn't find any NOC for Research Trainee in cic web but my job responsibilities matches with the lead statement of Research Assistant. Therefore, I talked to the R&D Manager and he willing to issue me a Reference Letter (only for duration of "Nov 2016 ─ Till date") as a Research Trainee if needed. In that case, I'm confused what would be my claiming NOC whether 6322 (cook) or Research Trainee/Research Assistant.
Look forward to have your expert suggestion. Thank you.

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hello,
My job experiences are like below:
Aug 2011 ─ Dec 2012 ► Research Trainee (Bangladesh)
June 2014 ─ May 2016 ► Cook ( Canada)
Nov 2016 ─ Till date ► Research Trainee (Bangladesh)
Dec 2016 ─ Till date ► Part time Cook in a Music Cafe Restaurant (Bangladesh)
As per my job experience would I be better of showing job continuation only on COOK or both Cook and Research Trainee?
Further more, I couldn't find any NOC for Research Trainee in cic web but my job responsibilities matches with the lead statement of Research Assistant. Therefore, I talked to the R&D Manager and he willing to issue me a Reference Letter (only for duration of "Nov 2016 ─ Till date") as a Research Trainee if needed. In that case, I'm confused what would be my claiming NOC whether 6322 (cook) or Research Trainee/Research Assistant.
Look forward to have your expert suggestion. Thank you.
Hello!
Were they both 'Full-time' jobs? As long as one was, you are covered here!

You should put both jobs under their relevant NOC's since they are completely different jobs.
Your first job as Research Trainee from Aug 2011 to Dec 2012 alone will give you the minimum points. So, I would not worry about the other job that much.
Since your 2nd job was in Canada, they will definitely run some checks at your workplace. I would get in touch with someone at the organization to let them know about the application to avoid any delay in processing.

Hope this helps!

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hello!
Were they both 'Full-time' jobs? As long as one was, you are covered here!

You should put both jobs under their relevant NOC's since they are completely different jobs.
Your first job as Research Trainee from Aug 2011 to Dec 2012 alone will give you the minimum points. So, I would not worry about the other job that much.
Since your 2nd job was in Canada, they will definitely run some checks at your workplace. I would get in touch with someone at the organization to let them know about the application to avoid any delay in processing.

Hope this helps!
I'd like to quote again with the correction "I couldn't find any NOC for Research Trainee in cic web but my job responsibilities matches with the lead statement of Research Assistant. Therefore, I talked to the R&D Manager and he willing to issue me a Reference Letter (only for the duration of "Nov 2016 ─ Till date") as a RESEARCH ASSISTANT if needed"
Yes, all of them were full time except "Dec 2016 ─ Till date ► Part time Cook in a Music Cafe Restaurant (Bangladesh)".
That will be fine if they run some check at my work place there in Canada as I have T4, NOA and Reference letter and some other supporting documents.
I am sorry for not understanding your last sentence " I would get in touch with someone at the organization to let them know about the application to avoid any delay in processing". Would you mind explain a bit? Thanks very much and I do appreciate your kind attention.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I'd like to quote again with the correction "I couldn't find any NOC for Research Trainee in cic web but my job responsibilities matches with the lead statement of Research Assistant. Therefore, I talked to the R&D Manager and he willing to issue me a Reference Letter (only for the duration of "Nov 2016 ─ Till date") as a RESEARCH ASSISTANT if needed"
Yes, all of them were full time except "Dec 2016 ─ Till date ► Part time Cook in a Music Cafe Restaurant (Bangladesh)".
That will be fine if they run some check at my work place there in Canada as I have T4, NOA and Reference letter and some other supporting documents.
I am sorry for not understanding your last sentence " I would get in touch with someone at the organization to let them know about the application to avoid any delay in processing". Would you mind explain a bit? Thanks very much and I do appreciate your kind attention.
I meant to say, contact someone at your workplace in Canada so that they can respond to CIC when they inquire about your work.

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
I meant to say, contact someone at your workplace in Canada so that they can respond to CIC when they inquire about your work.
Thank you so much, gentleman.
I would like to share you, yesterday curiously I filled Campbel Cohen Law Firm Inc's online assessment form providing the same job info along with other necessary information like my language proficiency, education etc. I feeling down that, after assessment they they thought that they would not be successful in representing my application for Canadian Immigration at this time.
I dont really understand what made me ineligible to apply Immigration at this moment as long as I have ECA report, work experience and language proficiency.
I'm so frustrated !!

Reactions: superspecial90

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I would like to share you, yesterday curiously I filled Campbel Cohen Law Firm Inc's online assessment form providing the same job info along with other necessary information like my language proficiency, education etc. I feeling down that, after assessment they they thought that they would not be successful in representing my application for Canadian Immigration at this time.
I dont really understand what made me ineligible to apply Immigration at this moment as long as I have ECA report, work experience and language proficiency.
I'm so frustrated !!
Having these are not enough. There are several factors that come to play. Do you have the 67 points?
Here are the selection factors, compare your info to it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
If you score under 67 you won't be eligible

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I'm so frustrated !!
Check your score here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
See what your score comes up to and take it from there.