+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Winnipeg Office

mt5288

Jun 5, 2013
Hey farrous13,

Is there any BIG SIGN to see if things are speeding up?

It took almost 29 months for ISK to have the test......................

farrous13 said:
Don't worry. It seems things are speeding up.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to this forum, a lot of applicants are getting their citizenship within 8 to 24 months. however, when an RQ is involved, things are taking forever to the point that if you go to Australia you might become Australian before getting the Canadian citizenship. 8)

mt5288 said:
Hey farrous13,

Is there any BIG SIGN to see if things are speeding up?

It took almost 29 months for ISK to have the test......................

mt5288

Jun 5, 2013
Yes, it's true.

However, for us -- applicants in Winnipeg, it takes longer and longer.
Even after waiting 24 months, it's lucky to have a scheduled test without RQ.

farrous13 said:
According to this forum, a lot of applicants are getting their citizenship within 8 to 24 months. however, when an RQ is involved, things are taking forever to the point that if you go to Australia you might become Australian before getting the Canadian citizenship. 8)

winnigone

Apr 17, 2012
mt5288 said:
Hey winnigone,

Any good news so far? I am wondering when we could take the test.
Why Winnipeg CIC is so .................slow.

Just passed the test last week, now start waiting for the ceremony.

mt5288

Jun 5, 2013
Thanks for sharing.

I am still waiting and no updates in CIC website.
When did you receive the test invitation?
Can you share your status details from CIC website.

Thank you!

SoccerMB

Feb 18, 2014
Hi mt5288,

Any updates on your file?
When was your file transferred to Winnipeg's office?

Thanks,

mt5288 said:
Thanks for sharing.

I am still waiting and no updates in CIC website.
When did you receive the test invitation?
Can you share your status details from CIC website.

Thank you!

zizg_jg

Feb 27, 2014
Hi there, I'm Canadian as of today~ :D

Here my timeline 32 months (non-routine),

June 29, 2011 - Received Application
June 29, 2011 - Discover Canada sent

February 28, 2012 - Start processing
Mid Aug 2012 - transfer to Winnipeg

November 2013 - Finger prints request in (submitted the same date with efinger print)
early December 2013 - Finger prints received (called CIC to confirm)
December 27, 2013 - Test sent

January 15, 2014 -Test date
February 10, 2014 - Oath sent
February 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony

Ceremony at VIA station with 80 people in total, some people from same test date.

Next step, to get my passport!

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013
Hello

Just saw the online update, I haven't received the letter yet but it says it was sent out February 26th and the oath is scheduled for March 25th :) a months notice. So for anyone who wants to know my timeline for the Winnipeg office

Applied Oct 2011

In process Dec 2012

Test Dec 2013

Oath March 2014

Haha almost like 1 update per year :D - total took 29 months since application.

citzcan

Feb 22, 2014
gonaaaa said:
Hello

Just saw the online update, I haven't received the letter yet but it says it was sent out February 26th and the oath is scheduled for March 25th :) a months notice. So for anyone who wants to know my timeline for the Winnipeg office

Applied Oct 2011

In process Dec 2012

Test Dec 2013

Oath March 2014

Haha almost like 1 update per year :D - total took 29 months since application.
Hi gonaaaa,

I too am a Winnipeg applicant. Here is my timeline:

Sat and passed the test on February 7th, 2014.

Oath Date: They mentioned 2-4 months but said it could be as soon as the end of March.

Are you sure your oath is on March 25th? I checked the oath ceremonies listed online and the last one scheduled for March is March 24th.

Of course there could very well be a ceremony scheduled for March 25th but it just has not been published online yet.

I know that there is a rush to get as many applications processed by the end of March so I'm hoping I will make the cut.

Can you tell me if your test was early, mid or closer to the end of Dec?

Good luck!

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013
Hi citzcan

yea the test is on the 25th. I think they haven't listed it online yet and I wrote the Test Dec 4th so this was pretty much 4 months after the test date but zizg had his oath just 1.5 months after the test so I think it depends on your own application. His was non routine and he applied before me and mine was routine. Why is there a rush to finish processing application by April?

citzcan said:
Hi gonaaaa,

Oath Date: They mentioned 2-4 months but said it could be as soon as the end of March.

Are you sure your oath is on March 25th? I checked the oath ceremonies listed online and the last one scheduled for March is March 24th.

Of course there could very well be a ceremony scheduled for March 25th but it just has not been published online yet.

I know that there is a rush to get as many applications processed by the end of March so I'm hoping I will make the cut.

Good luck!

zizg_jg

Feb 27, 2014
gonaaaa said:
Hi citzcan

yea the test is on the 25th. I think they haven't listed it online yet and I wrote the Test Dec 4th so this was pretty much 4 months after the test date but zizg had his oath just 1.5 months after the test so I think it depends on your own application. His was non routine and he applied before me and mine was routine. Why is there a rush to finish processing application by April?
Hey Guys,
My oath date was not posted on the ceremony site when I received the oath invitation but will be appear few days before ceremony so no worries by friend.

SoccerMB

Feb 18, 2014
Hi Citzcan,

Would you please share your timeline? When did you send your document? when was it received and etc..

Thanks,

citzcan said:
Hi gonaaaa,

Good luck!

winnigone

Apr 17, 2012
I sent my application on January 2012
They started process on December 2012
Sent to Winnipeg August 2013
Test December 2013
Ceremony March 2014

Finally Canadian Citizen!!