+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship while working in US

akhil

Jul 15, 2011
Hi

After 3 years completion of residence here ,I want to work in USA.
I have some offer through my previous employer in USA.
My question is if I am out of Canada ,can I still apply for my citizenship,while in USA?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Akhil

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you meet the citizenship residency requirements, you can apply. You have to be ready to fly back to Canada on short notice when they want you to appear for your exam and later for oath. You might have 2 weeks notice to go. They do not let you schedule these things at your convenience and it is a hassle if you postpone.

akhil

Jul 15, 2011
Thanks!!
So I can apply passport at the same time?Do they need Canadain address only?
Thanks again!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
As long as you meet the citizenship residency requirements, you can apply. You have to be ready to fly back to Canada on short notice when they want you to appear for your exam and later for oath. You might have 2 weeks notice to go. They do not let you schedule these things at your convenience and it is a hassle if you postpone.
No, you have to be resident in Canada on the date that you apply. You can leave after you apply.

akhil

Jul 15, 2011
Thanks all!

One more question.What proof is required for 3 years stay.
I have my landing docs, Income tax retursns,my all leases ,Bank & creit cards statements & new home purchase recently.But after my landing when I moved for first 4 months on temp basis & after that with all stuff,at US-Canada border they did not stamp anything on my passport.Is some passport stamping required?

It was done when I landed frist time(But I went back same day by land to US)

Thanks!

dnschan

Aug 13, 2011
From my experience, they checked the stamp on my passport, luckily they didn't ask more proof. They may ask you to provide bank or income statement some case.