Application Sent: Mar 20, 2018
Application Received: Mar 26, 2018
AOR: Jun 26, 2018
Started Processing: Jun 25, 2018
Finger print request: Sep 17, 2018
Test Letter Invite: Sep 12, 2018
Test /Interview Date: Sep 27, 2018
Now: processing

my application took long, I had many jobs, lived many addresses and visited 3 countries during PR, any idea why it took long and what is gona happen?
Well..that is not long to be honest..7 month since AOR, be patient.

Reactions: Joshua1 and MoE93

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
AOR: Jun 26, 2018

my application took long, I had many jobs, lived many addresses and visited 3 countries during PR, any idea why it took long and what is gona happen?
Perhaps your background checks are not complete yet.
You are still within the 12- month processing time, so, might be good to wait and order ATIP notes in the meantime.

Reactions: Vesimsyd and MoE93

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014

You already passed your test! there are people out there still waiting for a test invite after 15 months. Be patient because you are luckier than many out there

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

Ok, this will for sure make you feel a lot better:
Application sent 15 months ago and haven’t taken test yet , which will be next week - compared to my process your speed is like lightening

Last edited:
Reactions: Vesimsyd and MoE93

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
Application sent 15 months ago and haven’t taken test yet , which will be next week - compared to mine process your speed is like lightening
i know, but when i see the spread sheet that lots of applications finished in a year. that is why i was worried

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
Application sent 15 months ago and haven’t taken test yet , which will be next week - compared to my process your speed is like lightening
i know, but when i see the spread sheet that lots of applications finished in a year. that is why i was worried

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Like the IRCC call agent would say (I can’t believe I am saying this), don’t compare your case with other people’s since every case is different- I used to think it’s just BS, but now I just accept it as everybody’s luck is different, and there’s nothing we can do - I have called emailed and got MP involved , nothing worked

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

LOL at "long".

Sorry, I usually don't make such posts, but in this case, I can't resist:
Patience my friend, there are many out there who would smile at you thinking this is long :)

Reactions: foodie69 and scorph

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Waiting sucks, that is true, however we have no control over this process, and should try to accept that.
I like to think back on the times of my PR application, when I felt my life was on the balance, when I had to pay international fees to study in Canada, when I felt my staying here was flimsy and uncertain even thought I was on a 3 year PGWP, when I felt some random bureaucrat could doubt my story for random reasons and strip me away from my life, my husband, my job... THIS time was stressful because of all of the aforementioned reasons, and the wait was painful.
The citizenship application is just the cherry on top- as a PR we can do everything in this country except voting (and the passport, of course), so getting the citizenship will be amazing, but definitely does not feel as life changing/decisive (as far as practical matters go) as getting PR was.
Think back about all of the times in the past where you suffered/went through awful things, and now you are through it! This too shall pass :)

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Waiting sucks, that is true, however we have no control over this process, and should try to accept that.
I like to think back on the times of my PR application, when I felt my life was on the balance, when I had to pay international fees to study in Canada, when I felt my staying here was flimsy and uncertain even thought I was on a 3 year PGWP, when I felt some random bureaucrat could doubt my story for random reasons and strip me away from my life, my husband, my job... THIS time was stressful because of all of the aforementioned reasons, and the wait was painful.
The citizenship application is just the cherry on top- as a PR we can do everything in this country except voting (and the passport, of course), so getting the citizenship will be amazing, but definitely does not feel as life changing/decisive (as far as practical matters go) as getting PR was.
Think back about all of the times in the past where you suffered/went through awful things, and now you are through it! This too shall pass :)
Interesting

You forgot to mention that with citizenship you no longer need to comply with residency requirements to maintain your citizenship unlike to PR.
Except in some worst scenario cases, you cannot lose your citizenship while you can easily lose your PR.
In fact, with citizenship you have definite peace of mind with regards to immigration matters.

Reactions: EstherBarros

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Interesting

You forgot to mention that with citizenship you no longer need to comply with residency requirements to maintain your citizenship unlike to PR.
Except in some worst scenario cases, you cannot lose your citizenship while you can easily lose your PR.
In fact, with citizenship you have definite peace of mind with regards to immigration matters.
Yes, of course, I encompassed those in my "and the passport, of course" part of the comment. I am by no means saying it is irrelevant to get citizenship, I am just pointing out that we have no control over certain things, and we have to accept that, even though it sucks- and that we have been through crappy situations before, which we got through, and now they are just a memory :)

ps.: I would not say that one can "easily" lose their PR, given the requirement is being physically present in Canada for 2 out of the 5 preceding years. The status of "permanent resident" is for people who reside permanently in Canada, and the requirement for keeping that status is less than 50% of the preceding 5 years, which, the way I see it, is pretty generous. On top of that, there are also accommodations made to PRs accompanying their Canadian SOs abroad. Again, very generous :)

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Yes, of course, I encompassed those in my "and the passport, of course" part of the comment. I am by no means saying it is irrelevant to get citizenship, I am just pointing out that we have no control over certain things, and we have to accept that, even though it sucks- and that we have been through crappy situations before, which we got through, and now they are just a memory :)

ps.: I would not say that one can "easily" lose their PR, given the requirement is being physically present in Canada for 2 out of the 5 preceding years. The status of "permanent resident" is for people who reside permanently in Canada, and the requirement for keeping that status is less than 50% of the preceding 5 years, which, the way I see it, is pretty generous. On top of that, there are also accommodations made to PRs accompanying their Canadian SOs abroad. Again, very generous :)
If indicted of some crimes PR holders easily lose their status and get deported which is not the case when you become citizen.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
If indicted of some crimes PR holders easily lose their status and get deported which is not the case when you become citizen.
If you are a Canadian citizen, and do not hold any other citizenship (dual citizen), you are not at risk of being deported.
In my case, I have to behave then..hahaha