+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE SPREADSHEET (Public)

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, is it possible the data to be sorted according to the EXAM DATES
Thank you

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The columns are currently sorted by CIC Office followed by the TEST DATE.
Since most of the current entries (all 60+) have OATH CEREMONY DATES, I think those 2 parameters are the most salient features of the table.
While everyone, is anxious at every stage, there is clearly a huge variability due to several factors. For now, I'd like to give other applicants a reasonable range of time to expect. Also brought down the table to the barest and simplest data which we can all appreciate and relate to. You may want to check on the RQ column and type of application since these clearly are strongly correlated with the speed of the process.

I originally have the file completely editable by the public so everyone can contribute freely but that caused problems from the simplest of people tampering with the sorting to the more serious one of vandalism and deletion of the whole spreadsheet.

Thanks for your feedback. I hope this will help ease out our shared agony over waiting for a process that we have little control ourselves.

IcogitoErgoSum

Jul 12, 2013
Nickname/Forum Name: IcogitoErgoSum
Date Application Acknowledged as Received by CIC: December 29, 2011
CIC Processing Start Date: February 14, 2013
Date of Notice to Write Citizenship Test: December 13, 2013
Date for Citizenship Test & Interview: January 30, 2014
Date for Oath Invitation: pending
Date for Oath Ceremony: pending
Application Type (Individual or Family): individual
Processing CIC Office: Montreal, QC
Whether Residence Questionnaire was Asked by CIC (yes or no): YES
Physical Presence in Canada Upon Application (days)

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aplication sent in April 2013

Processing started on July 7

RQ received on Oct 4

RQ returned Nov 20

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

Exam taken 20/20....between 4 and 6 months for oath, according to immigration official

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application sent in April 2013

RQ received on Oct

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

Citizenship test on Feb 14, 2014

RQ : Yes
Individual
St. Clair Office

ximemarce

Nov 19, 2006
Atip

Hello everyone
I ask for the Atip report one month ago and today they send me un email but only with copies of my file, exactly the same application that I sent to Sidney, there is nothing writo, I dońt understand maybe because I have to take the exam the next week and I have never live the country since I came ? Or I made the wrong file request

Can anybody help me

Thanks

ximemarce

Nov 19, 2006
Re: Atip

ximemarce said:
Hello everyone
I ask for the Atip report one month ago and today they send me un email but only with copies of my file, exactly the same application that I sent to Sidney, there is nothing writo, I dońt understand maybe because I have to take the exam the next week and I have never live the country since I came ? Or I made the wrong file request

Can anybody help me

Thanks

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi Folks,

We received out pink letters today. Oath is scheduled on 22nd April. Our citizenship application process started in November 2013 and completed in April 2014. That's rocking speed Cheesy Our Local office is Scarborough.

Good luck to everybody else who is in the queue.

approved1x

Apr 5, 2014
Congrats! How come CIC centers in Ontario are waaay so fast! What's happening in the western provinces? I thought immigration and citizenship was a federal thing? What can we do to help applicants from the west?

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
torontonian2003 said:
The columns are currently sorted by CIC Office followed by the TEST DATE.
Since most of the current entries (all 60+) have OATH CEREMONY DATES, I think those 2 parameters are the most salient features of the table.
While everyone, is anxious at every stage, there is clearly a huge variability due to several factors. For now, I'd like to give other applicants a reasonable range of time to expect. Also brought down the table to the barest and simplest data which we can all appreciate and relate to. You may want to check on the RQ column and type of application since these clearly are strongly correlated with the speed of the process.

I originally have the file completely editable by the public so everyone can contribute freely but that caused problems from the simplest of people tampering with the sorting to the more serious one of vandalism and deletion of the whole spreadsheet.

Thanks for your feedback. I hope this will help ease out our shared agony over waiting for a process that we have little control ourselves.
Hi
Is there any possibility to add a LOT column in the sheet?
Thanks

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Thanks. I agree that for the last year or so things are moving well in Ontario. What are the reasons behind it? I honestly dont know and dont think anyone can do anything to speed it up for the other provinces. Its something which needs political decision making and implementation which is beyond an applicant's control.

Best of luck for your case anyways.

approved1x said:
Congrats! How come CIC centers in Ontario are waaay so fast! What's happening in the western provinces? I thought immigration and citizenship was a federal thing? What can we do to help applicants from the west?

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
armaan.ahhmad said:
Thanks. I agree that for the last year or so things are moving well in Ontario. What are the reasons behind it? I honestly dont know and dont think anyone can do anything to speed it up for the other provinces. Its something which needs political decision making and implementation which is beyond an applicant's control.

Best of luck for your case anyways.
onatrio runs by liberals ;D

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are more people from St. Clair office from January and early february waiting for oath letters

Ottawa971

Apr 9, 2014
Sent my application on December 10, 2007.
We started processing your application on March 18, 2008.
Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on March 31, 2008
Wrote the test on April 20, 2010.
Received RQ and was sent on Nov 2011.
Still waiting.
Ottawa Office.

msc1971

May 28, 2008
Received Application on Nov. 23, 2012
Started processing Application on Jan.30, 2013
Test notice March 11, 2014
Citizenship test passed 20/20 & interview on April 03, 2014