amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
My ECAS said they sent our oath letters on March 24, still waiting for the letter.
And my ecase reads "letter on 25th March for 15th April 2015", no mail received yet!!!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
have you guys checked the ceremony dates on cic website... there are 6 in april!

strange but there is no ceremony on april 16 1 pm.. as indicated on Ecas... something is not right - either the ecas or the website...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
have you guys checked the ceremony dates on cic website... there are 6 in april!

strange but there is no ceremony on april 16 1 pm.. as indicated on Ecas... something is not right - either the ecas or the website...
there are actually seven ceremonies...

FUA

Feb 11, 2015
Seven Ceremonies !!!!! they forgot about us !!! my Ecas is not updated , Antok did you get any update i will be keep posting my status. Still waiting for Ecas update or letter.

antok

Dec 30, 2014
FUA, no nothing for me. I am feeling worried. My three years is up next month. I called cic and they just say the same thing, to wait until end of the month and the will submit a request for information. One thing that was never said to me before was that back in October, after test writing, cic submitted a request to border services for a list of exit and entries. FUA where did you emigrate from? Are you single or with family?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can see oath notification on my eCAS though saying 1:00 pm April 15. there are two ceremonies that day one at 10:30 am and one at 2:30 pm (as per CIC website). anybody has the same situation?

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
Simkr said:
I can see oath notification on my eCAS though saying 1:00 pm April 15. there are two ceremonies that day one at 10:30 am and one at 2:30 pm (as per CIC website). anybody has the same situation?
I am just guessing here. Maybe they need people who take Oath to be there earlier than public, because they need to register, check ID and sign place to sit.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
same here simkr.. i will wait till I get the physical letter and go with that...
Ecas says April 16 1 pm
CIC website has April 16 2:30 pm.
Letter says: ? lol

un_jour_de_reve

Jun 19, 2014
sept15 said:
same here simkr.. i will wait till I get the physical letter and go with that...
Ecas says April 16 1 pm
CIC website has April 16 2:30 pm.
Letter says: ? lol
On CIC website it says following:
".....
2. If you are going to a ceremony to take the oath of citizenship, you will find the time you must arrive at the ceremony location indicated on your official invitation letter (Notice to Appear). Also refer to your invitation for special instructions, i.e. guest limitations.
3. The times below are for those individuals who may wish to attend as observers.
....."

Looks like 2:30 is for observers

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
un_jour_de_reve said:
On CIC website it says following:
".....
2. If you are going to a ceremony to take the oath of citizenship, you will find the time you must arrive at the ceremony location indicated on your official invitation letter (Notice to Appear). Also refer to your invitation for special instructions, i.e. guest limitations.
3. The times below are for those individuals who may wish to attend as observers.
....."

Looks like 2:30 is for observers
good catch un_jour.

just because i have invited few of my friends, i will post a thread and see what people say on that... you may be right and thanks for sharing buddy

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
antok said:
FUA, no nothing for me. I am feeling worried. My three years is up next month. I called cic and they just say the same thing, to wait until end of the month and the will submit a request for information. One thing that was never said to me before was that back in October, after test writing, cic submitted a request to border services for a list of exit and entries. FUA where did you emigrate from? Are you single or with family?
I am in the same situation as you Antok, they requested my exit and entries and now i am being told that my file is non routine so it may take as long as 36 months.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC and the agent told me to ignore that 2:30 pm timing and the ceremony starts at 1 pm and the doors might be closed at 1 pm, so be there ahead of time. He also said that even if you do not receive the notice letter, bring two pieces of Id and the documents you used to apply for Citizenship at the ceremony. He said the letter may take 10 business days?

any case just wanted to relay the message.