Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
I have seen a lot of posts about RQ on here in many forum threads. People talking about receiving RQ after the test. However, isn't the RQ form part of the initial application anyway? I applied it June 2012 and my test is scheduled on January 20, 2014 in Saskatoon. When I applied, I sent the RQ form along with my application. Is this some different RQ that people are talking about on here? Pardon my ignorance.

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
Hi , I am gathering documents to apply for citizenship,,, pls advise can I use saskatchewan health card as ID ( need to proce 2 pcs of ID)??? it does not have full date of birth just month & year.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called today CIC. the agent told me that i should get test invite within months of file transfer and if not, i dont then i should contact to CIC.

My file was transferred on Nov 2013 to Saskatoon office. Could anybody please tell me when to expect the test invite though i have already started reading discover Canada book.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called today CIC. the agent told me that i should get test invite within 9 months of file transfer and if not, i dont then i should contact to CIC.

My file was transferred on Nov 2013 to Saskatoon office. Could anybody please tell me when to expect the test invite though i have already started reading discover Canada book.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Just wondering if I am from Saskatoon, is it sure that my file will go to Saskatoon office.. Is that the way it works? Or it can go anywhere...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
Just wondering if I am from Saskatoon, is it sure that my file will go to Saskatoon office.. Is that the way it works? Or it can go anywhere...
Yes, your file will get transferred to Saskatoon once the Sydney Gods decide it is complete. It takes 3.5-4 months for Saskatoon folks to see your case online and then I am not sure when it gets transferred to Saskatoon for further processing.

expatboarder

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP/O / LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
Doc's Request.
19-12-2012- Australia fingerprints and state clearances
AOR Received.
14-08-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
26-03-2012
Hi Everybody,

I am just trying to find out approximately when my wife will get her oath ceremony. She passed her test and interview on Feb 4 in Saskatoon SK and didnt get a letter for the March dates this week. I hope they will have some ceremonies in April.

iheartca

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
04-03-2004
Thank you Simkr for sharing your timeline!

I sent my application on Jan 29, 2014, and CIC signed it on Feb 3, 2014

Hope everything goes well for all of us!

amk85

Mar 15, 2014
Hello fellow Saskatoonians,

Thanks for starting this thread, its very helpful. I have a question about the RQ, they ask for passport and translation but I have provided this with my application already. Do i need to send it again? Is it ok to call CIC and ask them about this? And if ny1 in Saskatoon did get the translation done from arabic to english can you please give me a reasonably cheaper option, cost wise.

My timeline as follows:
Application rcvd at CIC in Sydney, NS-Nov 28 2013
Letter of Acknowledgement from CIC-March 5 2014
RQ rcvd-Feb 25 2014.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk85 said:

Thanks for starting this thread, its very helpful. I have a question about the RQ, they ask for passport and translation but I have provided this with my application already. Do i need to send it again? Is it ok to call CIC and ask them about this? And if ny1 in Saskatoon did get the translation done from arabic to english can you please give me a reasonably cheaper option, cost wise.

My timeline as follows:
RQ rcvd-Feb 25 2014.
Hi amk, How many pages is that document that needs to be translated. Try Open Door Society on 3rd avenue (that might be your cheapest option). My recommendation would be: try to find someone (a friend of yours) who can translate it for you and then find a Commissioner of Oath/Notorizer? try SGI as well.

Now I have few qestions for you: 1) Is your RQ issued by Sydney or Saskatoon Office?
2) Did you do a lot of travels. Why do you think you got RQ'ed? I am in Saskatoon as well, applied mid Oct 2013.

amk85

Mar 15, 2014
Hello sept15,

Thank you for your advice, i will call cic tomorrow and confirm with them if i need to do translation again snd if so i will get in touch with open door society.

Regarding RQ, i was really hoping i wouldnt get bcoz i had my pr card renewal interview in june 2013 and the cic officer said he will put in his notes that i meet all requirements. But yes i travelled outside Canada quite a bit and also just moved to Saskatoon last summer, so i should have seen it coming. My RQ has address of Saskatoon office, does that mean my file is transfered? My application status doest show this however.

Have you rcvd letter of acknowledgement from CIC? Good luck!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk85 said:
Hello sept15,

Thank you for your advice, i will call cic tomorrow and confirm with them if i need to do translation again snd if so i will get in touch with open door society.

Regarding RQ, i was really hoping i wouldnt get bcoz i had my pr card renewal interview in june 2013 and the cic officer said he will put in his notes that i meet all requirements. But yes i travelled outside Canada quite a bit and also just moved to Saskatoon last summer, so i should have seen it coming. My RQ has address of Saskatoon office, does that mean my file is transfered? My application status doest show this however.

Have you rcvd letter of acknowledgement from CIC? Good luck!
yes i would assume your file is in Saskatoon and thats pretty quick. I received my AOR on Feb 14. CIC received my application Oct 24/2013.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk85 said:

My timeline as follows:
RQ rcvd-Feb 25 2014.
how did you receive RQ before AOR and its addressed Saskatoon? thats conflicting..