Application Received: Sept.9, 2013
Start Processing: Nov. 16, 2013
Notification for test/interview received: March 5, 2014
Test at Scarborough: March 19, 2014 @ 10:15 am

shocky

Dec 26, 2008
Just wondering,

1. How come I did not get a notice to prepare for like most people did and
2. Does that mean the RQ is done with the review process?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Simply said:
Hi Guys,

I got the test and interview call too.

Application Received: Sept.9, 2013
Start Processing: Nov. 16, 2013
Notification for test/interview received: March 5, 2014
Test at Scarborough: March 19, 2014 @ 10:15 am
congrats !! Its quick.. did you had any travel during the 4 year period ?

shocky

Dec 26, 2008
Have they completed the RQ and thus sent me a notice to write the test? or are they independent of one another?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
shocky said:
Test March 17, 2014 : Pass!!.

Oath Ceremony expected in 1 - 3 months.
Congratulations!! Can you please tell us about your test and interview experience?? how was the test ? and what questions you were asked by the officer?
thanks,

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aplication sent in April 2013

Processing started on July 7

RQ received on Oct 4, sent on Oct

RQ returned Nov 20

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

Exam taken 20/20....between 4 and 6 months for oath, according to immigration official

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
FL1040 said:
Aplication sent in April 2013

Processing started on July 7

RQ received on Oct 4, sent on Oct

RQ returned Nov 20

Notification to prepare for citizenship exam received Dec 22

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

Exam taken 20/20....between 4 and 6 months for oath, according to immigration official
Congratulations FL1040!!
can you share with us your experience with the test and interview? any advice on the best way to prepare for the test?
Thanks,

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi WSM_AL,

Try the following on-line practice tests:

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

I found that the actual test is in fact easier than the on-line practice ones. So if you do well on your practice, you'll be sailing through on the real test.

When you take the practice tests, make note of your weakness areas (those questions you didn't get correctly) and make a special effort to study the relevant section of your weakness in the "Discover Canada" book.

If you have a smartphone or a mobile device (iPad or equivalent), you can also download "Discover Canada" as an app or an audiofile with the actual text. During my commutes prior to the test, I studied bit by bit on my iPhone.

And rather than thinking that you're taking an examination, think of it more as educational experience and you'll probably appreciate more why we seek to live here and be a vital part of this country. I think it's more fun that way.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
torontonian2003 said:
Hi WSM_AL,

Try the following on-line practice tests:

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

I found that the actual test is in fact easier than the on-line practice ones. So if you do well on your practice, you'll be sailing through on the real test.

When you take the practice tests, make note of your weakness areas (those questions you didn't get correctly) and make a special effort to study the relevant section of your weakness in the "Discover Canada" book.

If you have a smartphone or a mobile device (iPad or equivalent), you can also download "Discover Canada" as an app or an audiofile with the actual text. During my commutes prior to the test, I studied bit by bit on my iPhone.

And rather than thinking that you're taking an examination, think of it more as educational experience and you'll probably appreciate more why we seek to live here and be a vital part of this country. I think it's more fun that way.
Thank you! that is very helpful!!

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsm_al said:
Congratulations FL1040!!
can you share with us your experience with the test and interview? any advice on the best way to prepare for the test?
Thanks,
The exam was supposed to start at 8:30, first they asked us ti queue up, then they check the letter sent by CIC and ID card. The test in itself did not take (at least for me) more than five minutes even if the official time is half an hour. I was done in about five minutes, then those who were done had to wait for the interview with the immigration agent. I had a woman, she was very polite and courteous. She checked my passports, my driver's license, RAMQ card, PR card, asked me why I did not have stamps for the entrance and exit from Cuba (I went there on vacation) and I explained why. She asked me where I do my food shopping, which school I am attending, about my spouse, nothing too complicated, she was not probing or too inquisitive. At the end she said that I would have to wait between 4 and 6 months for the oath, but she also made clear that it could be sooner than that. The interview went on for about 10 minutes. I got 20/20...now I am waiting for the oath.

My perception is that the tests found online and on the apps are way more complicated than the test itself, maybe I had the easy one. I prepared first by writing notes from the booklet, I created a chronological line with all the milestones in Canadian history, wrote the names for the GG, premier, leader of the opposition, the local representative at the provincial government, the lieutenant governor. I wrote a paragraph about each province, including the capital, economy, the regions. There were a lot of questions about how the government is organized, that is essential to understand, how a PM is elected, the founding peoples of Canada, rights ad duties of Canadian citizens. It's not so much about memorizing but understanding the contents of the booklet.

I found the booklet very interesting and educational... I believe that if are going to live in this country we should know a little of its history so we can understand why Canada is the way it i today, also as future Canadian citizens we need to understand how the government is organized and how it works, after all the decisions made by the government do affect us all...the new citizenship bill as a perfect proof

shocky

Dec 26, 2008
Exam was quite simple. Go through the book. Remember dates. Remember people. Remember faces of people on coins. Complete the online tests, URL posted by torontonian2003 and you will be fine.

Did anyone receive the oath after completing the test in March. How long was the time frame before oath?

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shocky said:
Application submitted: April 16th 2012.

Application received - April 19th, 2012

Letter of acknowledgement- April 19th 2012

We started processing your application on January 10, 2013.

June 2013 : RQ received.

Notice to write test and verify documents : 28 Feb, 2014 . Exam on March 17, 2014
Where did you have your test and interview?