+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test

buzz123

Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I've just received a notice to appear for the citizenship test on July 31st. I was wondering if anyone who has taken the test before would have some tips to share. Also, is there a chance of being RQ'd after the test. I also have an interview on the same day. Other the the documents on the list, is there anything else I should take with me to reduce the chances of being RQ'd and increase the chances of the oath being the next step in the process.

Thanks,

Buzz123

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi did u travel since you are in Canada if the answer is yes and you have your passport and all the stamp is it ok. Since you are in Canada did you work or study if yes there is ok. In short bring all the original documents and all the proof u can have to prove that you leave in Canada. If the officer ask some specific questions you can support your answer with the evidence.
Good luck

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
buzz123 said:
Hi everyone,

I've just received a notice to appear for the citizenship test on July 31st. I was wondering if anyone who has taken the test before would have some tips to share. Also, is there a chance of being RQ'd after the test. I also have an interview on the same day. Other the the documents on the list, is there anything else I should take with me to reduce the chances of being RQ'd and increase the chances of the oath being the next step in the process.

Thanks,

Buzz123
The answers to your question will depend on your situation as cassie mentioned if you can elaborate on your timeline and situation you might get a clearer answer from experienced members. To answer the first part of your question if you do a quick search through the forum you can numerous threads and even posts of previous test takers describing their experiences during and after the test, while I have not taken my test yet but just from reading various posts and helping answer other members questions your day should go something like the following :

1) Once you are at the site mentioned in your letter a person will check the letter and two pieces of ID
2) You will be then directed to an exam room , multiple choice questions you have 30 minutes to complete the exam you need 16 our of 20 if I recollect to pass, once you complete the exam you go and hand your paper to the exam proctor
3) You will be redirected to the waiting room area and wait to be called for an interview
4) In the interview the officer can really ask you anything, conversation to ensure you understand and can converse in English and check your original documents (Your passport and stamps if you have traveled outside of canada will be the main piece checked) , aside from that they might ask to see original copies of all documents you submitted.

That should be how it would proceed.

For the second part of your question : Yes you can be RQ'ed even after the exam or extra documents like fingerprints requested.

For the Final part you will need to give us more of an idea of your situation to answer.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Make sure you read the official "Discover Canada" Guide multiple times in order to pass the test.
Don't rely on free online 3rd party test websites to pass the test.

wilpham

May 19, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm taking my test on August 13 and as part of the test/interview procedure, I will need to bring all original documents . Problem is I forgot to make photocopies of those documents that I submitted ( application forms, documents checklist, Residence Calculator...).

What should I do in this case? Much appreciated!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
wilpham said:
Hi guys,

I'm taking my test on August 13 and as part of the test/interview procedure, I will need to bring all original documents . Problem is I forgot to make photocopies of those documents that I submitted ( application forms, documents checklist, Residence Calculator...).

What should I do in this case? Much appreciated!
Don't worry. The key thing they will want to see are your original COPR and Passport(s). Maybe PR card too.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
keesio said:
Don't worry. The key thing they will want to see are your original COPR and Passport(s). Maybe PR card too.
Take NOAs as well

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Notice of Assessment. It is that summary document you get from CRA after they have processed your tax return for that year.