+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
ainpfamily said:
hey congrats for your test. our test is also scheduled in 2 weeks.

can you please let us know how the interview went and what documents did you brought for the interview.

thanks,

passport, copr, pr card and one valid id. with pix. thank you.. Good luck to you too..

jcpyeg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
CK07 said:
hello to both of you jcyeg and ainpfamily..
my interview went well..mostly they will asked about your job, If you are married, status of your husband etc.
some of the cic officers are really test your english skills. Good thing my officer didn't talk that much.. lol :D

Anyway, I have a bit of problem here.. I sent my application August 2013, they received it on the same month.
They sent me a book (Discover Canada) October 2013. February 2014 I got this "AWESOME RQ" (which is my fault because i did not checked my days of presence properly) I only have 1,075 and I owe another 20 days.. So what I did i grabbed all my documents (bank statement for 4 years, car loan, t4 slips, tax return etc.) just to prove them that I've been living here.. I thought everything is fine because they didn't ask me for another documents or even a finger print./police clearance.

Then April 10, 2015 they sent me a test letter. April 29, 2015 (yesterday) I had my test..
When I was on the interview the cic officer asked for my passport, pr card and copr, she checked my passport page by page.. then she gave it back to me..
after a while she told me that I only have 1,075 days which is supposed to be 1,095.. she said, I have 2 options.
either i will wait for the citizenship judge to review my application which is takes about 6-8 weeks, or i will draw my citizenship and apply again..!!! So i was shocked.. i already had a test and i passed!.. (i didn't say anything) she probably saw the disappointment on my face.. that's why she told me this 2 words "DON'T WORRY" What was that mean? .. either she knew that the Citizenship Judge will grant me a citizenship or its the opposite of that? Now I'm back in a limbo.. praying that everything will be alright soon.. I am so confused and worried.. ???
Thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds very similar to mine, in terms of questions asked, etc.

I'm sorry to hear about you being short on days. I don't know that this is necessarily a barrier to citizenship, and it will be up to the Citizenship Judge to decide. I believe they factor in human error (miscalculation), and as long as the mistake was not deemed intentional (e.g. trying to hide something), it may not be a huge issue, but it will ultimately depend on the Citizenship Judge. It sounds like you've gone to great lengths to validate your status with all of the documentation you provided, so that can only help things! You have done all that you can at this point. I wish you best of luck in the coming weeks, and hope you hear good news soon. It's important to stay positive and carry on with normal life, while they do their thing.

I would take the 'Don't Worry' literally. If the officer was sympathetic with you, then they must agree the mistake was not deliberate, and will (hopefully) pass on their recommendations to the Citizenship Judge.

Good luck! :D

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
CK07 The CIC officer doesn't know what the Citizenship will decide even if she has past history of the judge as a guide. The "don't worry" comment might also be because she knows in the worst case scenario you will just have to reapply and then will then be granted citizenship without any problems.

Assuming you are still living in Canada and aren't waiting at the airport probably the best thing to do it just let the application run its course and see what the judge says.

All the best.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
jcpyeg said:
Thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds very similar to mine, in terms of questions asked, etc.

I'm sorry to hear about you being short on days. I don't know that this is necessarily a barrier to citizenship, and it will be up to the Citizenship Judge to decide. I believe they factor in human error (miscalculation), and as long as the mistake was not deemed intentional (e.g. trying to hide something), it may not be a huge issue, but it will ultimately depend on the Citizenship Judge. It sounds like you've gone to great lengths to validate your status with all of the documentation you provided, so that can only help things! You have done all that you can at this point. I wish you best of luck in the coming weeks, and hope you hear good news soon. It's important to stay positive and carry on with normal life, while they do their thing.

I would take the 'Don't Worry' literally. If the officer was sympathetic with you, then they must agree the mistake was not deliberate, and will (hopefully) pass on their recommendations to the Citizenship Judge.

Good luck! :D

jcpyeg, thanks for your concern.. i really appreaciate it a lot.. ☺☺
the thing is, why the cic officer gave me these 2 options? i cannot draw my applications because it will cost me a lot to re apply again i don't know if i can afford to pay $630 dollars for a new applications, i already took my test..and besides since 2012 i did not left the country, and that is almost 3 years.. i did not renew my passport too 'cause i have no plans to go somewhere.. I'm praying that they will give me some considerations.. fingers cross***

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
paw339 said:
CK07 The CIC officer doesn't know what the Citizenship will decide even if she has past history of the judge as a guide. The "don't worry" comment might also be because she knows in the worst case scenario you will just have to reapply and then will then be granted citizenship without any problems.

Assuming you are still living in Canada and aren't waiting at the airport probably the best thing to do it just let the application run its course and see what the judge says.

All the best.
Thanks paw.. all i can do now is to wait and pray.. i'ts been a long journey.. they gotta do what they gotta do.. someday somehow i will hear a good news from them.. (keep praying)

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
hello lovely people.. just incase you guys received your oath letter please keep me posted.. i would definitely appreciate it.. thank u all.. God Bless!!

nateynate

May 5, 2015
Re: Citizenship test results, Citizenship Ceremony, Edmonton Office

Hi guys here is my time line:

1. We received your application for Canada Citizenship on June 17, 2013
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of application and study booklet on June 17, 2013
3. We started processing your application on September 3, 2013
4. We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write citizenship test on April 18, 2015
5. We sent you a notice on April 30, 2015 to appear and take oath of citizenship ceremony to be help on May 25, 2015

its been a long time coming and patience has paid off. Be patience my fellow Canadian Citizens to be, it will happen.
Super excited ;D

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

nateynate said:
Hi guys here is my time line:

1. We received your application for Canada Citizenship on June 17, 2013
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of application and study booklet on June 17, 2013
3. We started processing your application on September 3, 2013
4. We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write citizenship test on April 18, 2015
5. We sent you a notice on April 30, 2015 to appear and take oath of citizenship ceremony to be help on May 25, 2015

its been a long time coming and patience has paid off. Be patience my fellow Canadian Citizens to be, it will happen.
Super excited ;D
Congrats!
Good news - starting to process June's case? It seems to good to be true. I applied in July 2014 and am waiting for the test invitation every day. So far still nothing.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton

alicezy said:
Congrats!
Good news - starting to process June's case? It seems to good to be true. I applied in July 2014 and am waiting for the test invitation every day. So far still nothing.
its june 2013 not 2014. I applied in March 2014 and still waiting.:)

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
NDW said:
I called the call center this morning and we are writing out test April 22 in Edmonton. ;D We applied November 2013 and it was transferred to the local office March 2014.
My status was updated online and we need to appear to take the oath May 25th. :D :D

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Neel09 said:
its june 2013 not 2014. I applied in March 2014 and still waiting.:)
It's so confused. Applicants who applied in June 2013 and June 2014 both got test invitation these days. So weird... :eek:
Don't know what's going on.....

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton

alicezy said:
It's so confused. Applicants who applied in June 2013 and June 2014 both got test invitation these days. So weird... :eek:
Don't know what's going on.....
Last week when I called, the cic agent told my file has no problem and its still in Edmonton. It was transferred to Edmonton on 30 July 2014 after they received on 28 march 2014. So I am guessing I will not hear anything at least until june end or july if my file is still under routine application category. However the application processing appears to be very random these days and anyone irrespective of the dates they have applied can expect anything anytime.

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Neel09 said:
Last week when I called, the cic agent told my file has no problem and its still in Edmonton. It was transferred to Edmonton on 30 July 2014 after they received on 28 march 2014. So I am guessing I will not hear anything at least until june end or july if my file is still under routine application category. However the application processing appears to be very random these days and anyone irrespective of the dates they have applied can expect anything anytime.
When I called CIC in early April, a nice agent told me all my background checks have been done and wait for next step - test invitation. So frustrated that Edmonton is so slow and even Calgary seems to have some improvement.

Saima_Tech

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2009
Doc's Request.
10-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
19-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
29-Jan-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
13-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
17-Aug-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-2011
LANDED..........
30-May-2011
So I called cic yesterday 06th may 2015 and they said since I live in Edmonton area (surrounding) my application might take longer lol like seriously first of all Edmonton is the slowest of all regions and the surrounding area in Edmonton would be even slower. It's a joke.