N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
lenium said:
I don't think they can run a CBSA report before getting your consent. I may be wrong ..
The consent is from the application form:

D HISTORY OF ENTRIES TO CANADA

Request for authorization
By selecting "YES" in the box below, and by signing this form, I hereby give my consent to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to disclose the details of my history of entries into Canada to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in order to assist CIC in determining my citizenship eligibility.

I also hereby authorize CIC to collect the history of my entries into Canada from the CBSA.

Yes No

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! that's a big improvement! Mine didn't have that!

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
jcpyeg said:
I was greatly surprised to receive notice on March 26th to come and take the Citizenship Test on April 15th! My eCas was updated a couple of days later.

There were likely somewhere around fifty people taking the test with me. I passed the test with 20/20. The interview was very brief, probably less than five minutes, and the officer said my application was in perfect order and had no concerns. I had many travel dates, but had included a letter saying the dates were approximate, as well as scans from all pages of my passport, with the application. This apparently helped, as the officer didn't even look at my actual passport really. I also brought some original documents with me to show them (e.g. diplomas, tax documents, etc), which they seemed to appreciate, but didn't really require. They said the Oath of Citizenship is usually scheduled within 2-4 months, but specifically mentioned it could be as soon as a month from now, and pointed out a month would be mid-May. They said it all depends on how many applicants are ahead of me. I don't know if they say that to everyone, or if it was specific to my case, and whether or not it's some sort of hint...

There are no updates to eCas yet, and I understand eCas may not update again until after I get the invitation to the Oath of Citizenship, if it even updates again at all.

My timeline is below.

Wow jcpyeg that was a good news..! I am going to take my citizenship test this month and I'm a bit nervous. Good thing I browse this website and saw your comments.. Hopefully I pass my test too.. hows the test anyway..? can u give us a hint what to memorize..? im not good in memorizing numbers God Bless!!

jcpyeg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
CK07 said:
Wow jcpyeg that was a good news..! I am going to take my citizenship test this month and I'm a bit nervous. Good thing I browse this website and saw your comments.. Hopefully I pass my test too.. hows the test anyway..? can u give us a hint what to memorize..? im not good in memorizing numbers God Bless!!
Thanks CK07! My advice is to study! I read Discover Canada front to back a couple of times (it takes a couple of hours), listened to the audiobook version (approximately 3 hours long) several times, and did hundreds of study questions (the iPhone apps are very helpful - you can search them in the App Store). I was getting between 95-100% on the study questions, so don't stop studying until you feel you know the material. The test for me was not difficult, but only because I took the time to study, as some questions are not common knowledge or obvious. You only need 15/20 to pass, if that helps calm your nerves, and they said anyone who needs to repeat the test would be rescheduled within 6-8 weeks. Good luck!

jcpyeg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
There are no May 2015 ceremonies scheduled yet for Edmonton... I keep checking!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Wow , hopefully I get something soon. I am march end applicant.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
EdmontonM said:
Did you get a fingerprint request, too?
No, I did not get anything till now. I sent my application for PR renewal in February end 2015, but its not showing up anything in ecas. I don't know if my PR renewal application will trigger any delay...

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I called CIC this morning and asked for an update. I do not call them everyday but this morning I had a free time to do it. According to the agent that I talked to, they have mailed the notice for my oath-taking which is scheduled on May 21st. There is no update in my ecas yet. So looks like they were able to verify my entry dates to Canada for my two out-of-the-country trips. Wait is almost over. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting.

jcpyeg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
IamAlbertan said:
I called CIC this morning and asked for an update. I do not call them everyday but this morning I had a free time to do it. According to the agent that I talked to, they have mailed the notice for my oath-taking which is scheduled on May 21st. There is no update in my ecas yet. So looks like they were able to verify my entry dates to Canada for my two out-of-the-country trips. Wait is almost over. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting.
Congratulations! Please let us know when you receive the letter or eCas update! I've never once called CIC but figure I'll wait until mid-May (test was mid-Apr) to inquire about oath, unless it makes sense to call sooner? I don't want to annoy them.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
IamAlbertan said:
Could you please let me know the number you called? Is the number for the Edmonton cic office? Thanks

ap92

Dec 16, 2014
Hello Guys...

I just saw my online status and it now says that they have sent me an citizenship test invitation although I haven't received it in mail yet. It might come in few days. My timeline is

Local Office - Edmonton
App Rec - March 21, 2014
Process Started - May 2, 2014
Ack Received - Dont remember
Citizenship Test - May 7, 2015