+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Canuto said:
Yolka, what is your timeline if you dont mind.
Thanks.
Applied May 2012
Received (as per letter dated) May 28 2012 and received the guide book in June 2012
In Process January 2013
Application Transferred to Scarborough office in April 2013 (as per the agent when I called few months ago). This is the only time I called CIC and only because I could not check my status online (I just called to ask them fix my online page).

As I can see from the forum many applicants who applied after me got their tests already.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
I am sorry, I am not with the Edmonton office, i just replied re the previous link on how do we get info re the test from CIC.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
No worries. Thanks for the info. Yes I knew a closed friend of mine in Scarborough was lucky to get his citizenship within 14 months period.
All the Best!!!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Canuto said:
No worries. Thanks for the info. Yes I knew a closed friend of mine in Scarborough was lucky to get his citizenship within 14 months period.
All the Best!!!
Thank You Canuto and All the Best to you too!

jah-luv

Aug 18, 2013
Another month is almost over and I still don't have my oath. This is unbelievable! This month marks 24 months since I applied. I wrote the test on June 27th 2013 and passed. According to cic, the judge looked at my file less than a month after I passed my test, mid July, and everything looks good. So I still dont know why i don't have an oath date, when people who applied months after are done. Edmonton office, only God knows what goes on there!

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Canuto said:
Hi Jaycrew, you do have a long waiting time. From May 2011 up until now there is no writtent test invitation?
Just curious, did you get an RQ or request for fingerprint(same as mine)?
If not, and your papers falls under the normal processing without any request for further documents you may want to get in touch with your MP/MLA because it is way beyong the 25 months and seek for his assistance.

Keep us posted.
Thank Canuto, I went to see my MP this morning and they promised to let me know in a couple of days. I don't know what I didn't do this earlier, Laurie Hawn's staff was very friendly and I would recommend anyone who is in Edmonton Centre constituency to pay his office a visit.

I should have an update by the end of the week.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Good thing you initiated that action.
CIC has hired additional staff as Citizens Service Officers in the beginning of this summer 2013. Let us hope they should do something about our papers which was just sitting in local office (Edmonton).

Imagine that, 10 ceremonies this month and none of the members of this forum got invited.

Keep us all posted.

All the best!!!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it the staff that the CIC was lacking? or judges?

Canuto said:
Good thing you initiated that action.
CIC has hired additional staff as Citizens Service Officers in the beginning of this summer 2013. Let us hope they should do something about our papers which was just sitting in local office (Edmonton).

Imagine that, 10 ceremonies this month and none of the members of this forum got invited.

Keep us all posted.

All the best!!!

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
That's the thing, nobody here in our zone knows what 's going on inside the CIC Edmonton office.
Do they really have enough staffs to do the initial checks and review of papers coming from (NS), assist in filing, conduct the written test, personally handing out RQ's?
All we know is that we have one new Judge, who is doing all she can to cope up with the backlog. Edmonton does not have a judge for almost a year prior to her coming to the zone.
But of course, it would be nice if they can put an additional judge(s).
Anyways, this is the reality in Deadmonton- caught up in this waiting game. :)

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
Hi guys,
I am sorry I did not check the forum for about 3 weeks. I took my Oath today 23rd October, 2013 in Saint Albert. It was beautifully arranged party and I can't explain how it feels to be announced "Canadian citizen". I wish you guys good luck in your citizenship journey. One of you asked me if I had a family application. No, I was the only applicant. All my family members have either a US or a Canadian citizenship. Now I joined the club :D.
This week is the citizenship week in Canada and I hope all the backblock will be cleared or reduced so things will get going.

I will still read your comments :D and use this forum

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congratulations Mr Lonely20! Looks like some of the first quarter of 2011 applicants were the one on the oath taking ceremonies.
Just curious, how many applicants were there? Rumors said the judge processed upto 100 applicants per ceremonies.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuto said:
Congratulations Mr Lonely20! Looks like some of the first quarter of 2011 applicants were the one on the oath taking ceremonies.
Just curious, how many applicants were there? Rumors said the judge processed upto 100 applicants per ceremonies.
Canuto:

As I mentioned in one of earlier post that I am moving to Edmonton next month for job purposes (new job), but I will have an address in Toronto (although Edmonton will be my residential address for the next 2 years). So, after reading your reply to my inquiry, I am confused what address to use to apply... Any suggesstion? Is it really bad in Edmonton?

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
goodman36 said:
Canuto:

As I mentioned in one of earlier post that I am moving to Edmonton next month for job purposes (new job), but I will have an address in Toronto (although Edmonton will be my residential address for the next 2 years). So, after reading your reply to my inquiry, I am confused what address to use to apply... Any suggesstion? Is it really bad in Edmonton?
Goodman, at the moment Edmonton is way behind granting citizenship. Seems that Local office here is still processing 2011 applicants.
My buddies in Mississauga and Scarborough got their Citizenship early this year, both applied last March 2012.
I got served with a Fingerprint request.
If I do maintain a residential address in Toronto, I would prefer to use it. At least you have more judges there.
However, if you have all the time in the world and not in a rush to become a Canadian in 2015 Election then welcome to Edmonton.
But this is just my opinion.
All the best !!!

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It might be a little risky to apply in Toronto if you will be living in Edmonton for 2 years. The officer might question your residency at the interview before your test since you will have a job here in Edmonton. If I were you I would apply from Edmonton to be on the safe side. You can also call the call centre and ask the agent.

Edmonton was one of the fastest offices in 2011 but since we did not have a judge for almost a year in 2012, there is a huge backlog here. Hopefully our judge will be able to get rid of this backlog soon. I applied in 2011 and I received the citizenship in 22 months but I think I was lucky. It seems most applicants have longer timeline in Edmonton.
By the way, if you want to see more timelines from Edmonton (or Toronto), than check out the link in my signature.

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Hey Edmonton2011 welcome back. Congratulations again on your Citizenship!
Thanks for uploading the Timeline spreadsheet..