+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations and thanks for the additional info. It might help someone.
ERJOPA said:
I am now done as of Dec 3rd.

I took my oath along with 100 other applicants in The Art Gallery.

I also saw this: Before they asked us to stand for the oath, an applicant had a very fussy child and had to leave temporarily to quiet the child down. She was still not at her seat when the oath was taken (she may have taken it in the back of the venue), but, unlike the stories here in this forum before the change of government (like not receiving the certificate because of a bathroom break, etc), she was allowed to receive her certificate(and her child's too).

So, maybe there is a light going forward, and no more fear in the process.

That is good for so many going forward.

Thanks to all :)

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might get a letter in the post asking for additional docs. Check your posts regularly. This may not appear as an update on your eCAS. My wife and I took the test on Aug 31. She is DM and I am still In-Process to this day. I got 2 letters in the post asking for additional docs like colored passport copies of all the pages, NOA, ROE and paystubs to confirm I met minimum stay requirement. I have additional 100+ days over the required 1095. So check posts regularly.
petroski said:
Hi there,
my wife and I took the test last week 11/27/15, we both passed and had after the interview with the office went really good (was our perception).
today I checked the eCAS and surprise me that she has "Decision Made" and mine is stil "In Process", which is weird to me because we were both in the folder and applied as a family...
any ideas?
thanks

petroski

Dec 3, 2015
Thank you andrew7007

andrew7007 said:
You might get a letter in the post asking for additional docs. Check your posts regularly. This may not appear as an update on your eCAS. My wife and I took the test on Aug 31. She is DM and I am still In-Process to this day. I got 2 letters in the post asking for additional docs like colored passport copies of all the pages, NOA, ROE and paystubs to confirm I met minimum stay requirement. I have additional 100+ days over the required 1095. So check posts regularly.

petroski

Dec 3, 2015
hey andrew7007 should I request an ATIP? or just wait and see.
thanks

andrew7007 said:

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't ordered on after 3 months of giving test and interview. You can order one if you feel your interview went well and the CO had no issues with your application. Did he promise oath within 2 to 4 months? Mine did.
petroski said:
hey andrew7007 should I request an ATIP? or just wait and see.
thanks

petroski

Dec 3, 2015
andrew7007 - yes he did, his words were: we are going to review your file again and if everything is OK we'll send you a notice for oath within 2 - 4 months.
and he said the exact same words to my wife that was sitting beside me.

andrew7007 said:
I haven't ordered on after 3 months of giving test and interview. You can order one if you feel your interview went well and the CO had no issues with your application. Did he promise oath within 2 to 4 months? Mine did.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting for the 4 month period to end and if I don't receive an invite, then I will call CIC. The last time I called CIC they said if you don't receive any correspondence for 6 months from the date of test and interview, then we can question them. Its a nerve wracking waiting game. Some get oath invite within a month.
petroski said:
andrew7007 - yes he did, his words were: we are going to review your file again and if everything is OK we'll send you a notice for oath within 2 - 4 months.
and he said the exact same words to my wife that was sitting beside me.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody in this thread who are still waiting for oath after 3 months of test and interview? I gave my test on 31 Aug, provided the docs requested and its almost 3 1/2 months now. No word. Will call them up again on Monday. Anybody in the same boat as I?

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
andrew7007 said:
Anybody in this thread who are still waiting for oath after 3 months of test and interview? I gave my test on 31 Aug, provided the docs requested and its almost 3 1/2 months now. No word. Will call them up again on Monday. Anybody in the same boat as I?
Hi i am an applicant from ottawa. Did test on Nov 4, requested FP on Nov 17. No oath till now.
Just may be your application is non routine as they asked you to provide additional documents.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply. The CO at the interview had promised us an oath invite within 2 to 4 months.
ROMA_1 said:
Hi i am an applicant from ottawa. Did test on Nov 4, requested FP on Nov 17. No oath till now.
Just may be your application is non routine as they asked you to provide additional documents.

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
andrew7007 said:
Thanks for your reply. The CO at the interview had promised us an oath invite within 2 to 4 months.
The same foe me and my wife. But did u ask if your application is routine or not

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your case like? Did either of you get a DM? My wife has a DM which happened a few days after our tests. Whom should I ask if my application is routine or not?
ROMA_1 said:
The same foe me and my wife. But did u ask if your application is routine or not

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Passed the test at the beginning of July, still waiting for the oath letter :(

andrew7007 said:

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you requested for additional docs? Did you call CIC and if yes what did they say? Did you get a DM?
Candoes said:
Passed the test at the beginning of July, still waiting for the oath letter :(

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called up CIC and the lady said if you are requested for additional info then your application becomes non routine and might take longer. So am in limbo. Anybody here who was rq'd and got an oath invite? Requested ATIP as well. Fingers crossed. Hoping for a miracle.