+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks, we finally received our oath invitation today. We had applied in November of 2014, wrote the test August 4th and got the Oath invite for the October 28th ceremony at 1:30 PM at the Art Gallery of Alberta venue.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
fdk511 said:
Hi folks, we finally received our oath invitation today. We had applied in November of 2014, wrote the test August 4th and got the Oath invite for the October 28th ceremony at 1:30 PM at the Art Gallery of Alberta venue.
Congratulations! Did your E-Cas get updated already?

My wife should then be getting hers soon, she applied in December, test was Aug 7th...lets see...

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamad604 said:
Same here I did my test on Sep 3 and no DM or Oath. The lady who was interviewing me was so tough that she interviewed me and didn't even look at my passports and told me that she will review it later. I'm sure she will take her time, the full 4 month, before I even see a DM. Guess we have to wait and see.

Please update if you case changed.
[/quot

You are right this is such a discretionary process, which is wrong in IMO, that there people getting oath invite within a month of test and there are those who aren't even getting oath in 7-8 months even though application is straight as it can be.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
washington.state said:
You are right this is such a discretionary process, which is wrong in IMO, that there people getting oath invite within a month of test and there are those who aren't even getting oath in 7-8 months even though application is straight as it can be.
What I have notices by looking at the stats on this forum and think that test date is insignificant. Oath dates are dependent on when the actual applications were filed. Applicant who have been waiting since early or mid 2014 are getting their oaths within 2-3 weeks of their test dates. And applicants who have applied late 2014 have their tests done already but still waiting for their oath letters to arrive even after 3-4months since their test dates...

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good observation.

wes786 said:
What I have notices by looking at the stats on this forum and think that test date is insignificant. Oath dates are dependent on when the actual applications were filed. Applicant who have been waiting since early or mid 2014 are getting their oaths within 2-3 weeks of their test dates. And applicants who have applied late 2014 have their tests done already but still waiting for their oath letters to arrive even after 3-4months since their test dates...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
edm_AS said:
Which documents should I take to citizenship ceremony?

Thanks

Probably your invitation has list of Originals you need to carry with you for oath ceremony.

Previous passports, Landing Certificate, PR Card, any other government issued ID's are sufficient. Try to reach the place 1.5 hours in advance to complete other administrative formalities & take your seat in the hall.

Wish you all the best.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Congratulations! Did your E-Cas get updated already?

My wife should then be getting hers soon, she applied in December, test was Aug 7th...lets see...
@wes786, thanks. We got the physical notices in the mail yesterday and eCAS was updated this afternoon.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
fdk511 said:
@wes786, thanks. We got the physical notices in the mail yesterday and eCAS was updated this afternoon.
Great! Thanks for the info. Too bad you won't be able to vote this time but next time InshAllah!!!

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Great! Thanks for the info. Too bad you won't be able to vote this time but next time InshAllah!!!
Thanks. They must have got wind of which way we were planning to vote ;)

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
So I got my oath letter finally.
Oath ceremony on Nov.4th, 2015

took 3 months after the test to get oath letter. Too bad I wanted to vote this time but nvm next time :)

buzz123

Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to everyone who have received the invite to their oath ceremonies and good luck to those waiting for theirs.

I recently took the oath of citizenship and have the following question.

My name on my citizenship certificate (and all other IDs like driver's license, health card, SIN card) have my name in the following format:

first name -> middle name -> surname

I want to apply for a Canadian passport and would like to drop my middle name on the passport (it's okay if it stays on my other IDs). I hardly ever use my middle name in daily life like work and school. The lady at the passport office suggested that I drop my middle name on my driver's license so that I could use that as an ID to apply for a Canadian passport. My questions are:

- Will I still be able to access provincial health care and other services available to Canadian citizens if I drop my middle name from my passport and driver's license but still have it on other documents like citizenship certificate, health card, SIN?

- Is dropping my middle name from my driver's license legal?

I'm not looking to do a legal name change as that will involve a long process of applying for a new citizenship certificate.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzz123 said:
Congratulations to everyone who have received the invite to their oath ceremonies and good luck to those waiting for theirs.

I recently took the oath of citizenship and have the following question.

My name on my citizenship certificate (and all other IDs like driver's license, health card, SIN card) have my name in the following format:

first name -> middle name -> surname

I want to apply for a Canadian passport and would like to drop my middle name on the passport (it's okay if it stays on my other IDs). I hardly ever use my middle name in daily life like work and school. The lady at the passport office suggested that I drop my middle name on my driver's license so that I could use that as an ID to apply for a Canadian passport. My questions are:

- Will I still be able to access provincial health care and other services available to Canadian citizens if I drop my middle name from my passport and driver's license but still have it on other documents like citizenship certificate, health card, SIN?

- Is dropping my middle name from my driver's license legal?

I'm not looking to do a legal name change as that will involve a long process of applying for a new citizenship certificate.

So Basically people who applied in Oct/Nov 2014 are the ones getting Oath letters. Is it good estimate that those whose application was recieved in March 2015 and have passed the test will get oath invitation in March 2016? What your predictions folks?

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone on this forum who took Citizenship test on September 16th at Edmonton Office on 8:30 in Morning? At Jasper Place?