+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Questions....(Members who have recently given CIC test)

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
Members who have recently given their citizneship test would like to share the citizenship test questions if they remember......Kindly share as many questions as you remember.....
King Maker

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
Following are some questions which appeared on the citizenship tests in April 2012 from different citizenshhip applicants...They share those question and I am copying these from different forum.......YOU NEED TO CHECK THE CORRECT ANSWERS SINCE THEY MENTIONED THE ANSWER WHAT THEY MARKED DURING THE TEST...................................................

• 8 Million people in Quebec live along which river? (St. Lawrence)

• Which city is Canada's financial center located in ? (Toronto)

• Name 3 early explorers of Canada? (or something along those lines) (Vikings, Cabot, Cartier)

• A 42 year old woman from the USA is visiting Canada during an election. Can she vote? (No, she is not a citizen)

• Which countries fought in the Plains of Abraham, 1759

• Who were Chief Teumsch, Major Isaac Brock ?

• Which of the following was got burnt down and rebuilt in 1922? (Cant remember the choices given, but the correct answer is Parliament)

• There was a question about inventors (cant remember which but i know the "Inventors Question"was NOT on the following famous inventors William Penfield, Bombardier or Alexander Graham Bell. It was one of the others in the Discover Can. guide, cant remember which ones

• How many steps does it take for a bill to become a law?

• Why do we pledge allegiance to the Queen?

• Fire burned out in 1912 in Ottawa

• Why we celebrate canada day

• Central provinces

• Who are Acadians

• Which war Canadian army participated during 1950-53 against communism (Korean War)

• Why peace tower called peace tower

• largest trading partner..

• First provinces to join confederation

• Canadian laws comes from

• Parliament structure

• Portrait on 5 dollar bill

• Here are the questions that I remember from the test (probably different wording...)

• Men is 36 old became citizen of Canada yesterday can he run for office (be a candidate) - yes because he is citizen and more then 18 y. Old

• Women has been elected how is she called - Mp

• Women speaks French and lives in Quebec who is her ancestors ( Acadians) I answered...which is wrong answer

• National Motto appears...

• Which organization Canada joined first after WW II (NATO/UN ..ETC) - I answered wrong NATO it is UN

• Biggest population which province

• More than one third of Canadian land is (Northern territories)

• Where do you find when to vote (Voter information Card)...

• Which organization Canada doesn't belong to,
NATO
UN
Warsaw pack (Correct answer)
NAFTA
========================================
I hope that would help in citizenship test preparation......Instead of doing online test practise....read the "discover Canada" book as many times as possible...........

saro1020

Apr 24, 2012
Hi All,
Plzzzzzzz read the book Discover Canada and do not rely on online tests. There are different versions of Question copies A B C D E etc so u dont know which one do u get. I got the one which has those 4 to 5 questions which i did not find in the online tests but I have read the book so i know little bit. I gave my test on 2nd april 2012. Also read the captions of the pics on the book.
The questions which I remember are:
1. why Air Marshall William A Bishop is known for.......something related to him(VICtoria cross) You can only find picture of him with the caption.
2.which two fight on plains of Abraham.(British and French)
3.The majors name who fought in 1812 .they are 3.
4.how many steps does bill approved.
5.the two lines of rememberance day poem.(the flanders field)
6.which province is good in production of wheat.
7.What does the party called if it succeed with more then half votes . ITs little tricky and i tick to majority party bcaz other options are not close to it.

saro1020

Apr 24, 2012
Hi,
The other questions which I remember are
8. To whom we gave our alliance of oath( Queen)
9. canadian in service industry 75%
10. First nation people and french business was fur trade
11.who is representative of Queen in canada GOVERNOR GENeral
12. yokon, norhtwest terittories and nanavut are called NORTHERN TERRITORIES.
13. The person is consider innocent untill proven guilty.
14. Law under process something like that.
15. One question is related to Election and I totally forget about it.
I hope it will help the other people but I must say Plzzz read book thoroughly and also practice your conversation in english because if u loose the interview than they right away tell u to appear in front of Judge and then He will take your interview.
Mine was fine bcaz I can speak english normally(not fluently) and the officer did not object on my english. But the poor lady before me, age between 35 to 40 and she did not speak well and he just failed her and tell her to appear before judge after 6 months and tell her in the mean time improve your english. I was shocked and nervous but my interview goes well bcaz my husband and son both are citizens and i did not travel a lot. But theay are taking around 5 minutes to 40 minutes interviews according to the situations. Well Good luck to everyone.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
saro1020 said:
Hi,
The other questions which I remember are
8. To whom we gave our alliance of oath( Queen)
9. canadian in service industry 75%
10. First nation people and french business was fur trade
11.who is representative of Queen in canada GOVERNOR GENeral
12. yokon, norhtwest terittories and nanavut are called NORTHERN TERRITORIES.
13. The person is consider innocent untill proven guilty.
14. Law under process something like that.
15. One question is related to Election and I totally forget about it.
I hope it will help the other people but I must say Plzzz read book thoroughly and also practice your conversation in english because if u loose the interview than they right away tell u to appear in front of Judge and then He will take your interview.
Mine was fine bcaz I can speak english normally(not fluently) and the officer did not object on my english. But the poor lady before me, age between 35 to 40 and she did not speak well and he just failed her and tell her to appear before judge after 6 months and tell her in the mean time improve your english. I was shocked and nervous but my interview goes well bcaz my husband and son both are citizens and i did not travel a lot. But theay are taking around 5 minutes to 40 minutes interviews according to the situations. Well Good luck to everyone.
Interesting maam

AUTO101

Mar 16, 2015
you know you are not allowed to share the questions given to you on the test? It says on the test....

it's call "cheating" and this affects the system. So please don't do it.

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Even though i would love to share...i am holding it. Come on, its not a big deal glance the discover canada 4 to 5 times....tehre are 2 apps in the android phone, practise it by different provinces and you will be good.

We copied in 10th grade
We copied in 12th grade
We copied in university undergrad
We copied in Graduate degree also...
We copy in every single thing.....

Atleast lets get our citizenship honestly hahahaah...i know is easy to copy (no offence, take it as a joke)....We are going to be new canadians, lets not bring old habits here hahaha

For OCI card, again we can copy ...its ok, but citizenship no....

Please take it a s a joke...

Nureya

Hakunamatata

Jul 20, 2015
omnisap said:
Even though i would love to share...i am holding it. Come on, its not a big deal glance the discover canada 4 to 5 times....tehre are 2 apps in the android phone, practise it by different provinces and you will be good.

We copied in 10th grade
We copied in 12th grade

Atleast lets get our citizenship honestly hahahaah...i know is easy to copy (no offence, take it as a joke)....We are going to be new canadians, lets not bring old habits here hahaha

Nureya
Loool you made my night

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
omnisap said:

We copied in 10th grade
We copied in 12th grade

Nureya
this may be a joke, but every joke has some truth in it. I remember some years ago the University of Bangalore was selling degrees for a few hundred dollars, inclusive Master's and Doctor's..

So no wonder the authorities are suspicious of some foreign degrees. Now people try to cheat during a citizenship exam, well, I am not impressed, specially since it says not to share information.

Reactions: CAN.east

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
When we took the test the CIC officer told us not to share the questions. If they discover this thread they might make another changes on the rule. We never know, it happen frequently.

darbi

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone, below are all dates you need to remember from the discover canada book.

1215 Signing of Magna Carta in England
1497 European exploration began with the expedition of John Cabot, who was the first to draw a map of Canada’s East Coast
1534 to 1542 Jacques Cartier made three voyages across the Atlantic, claiming the land for King Francis I of France
1550s The name of Canada began appearing on maps
1604 The first European settlement north of Florida was established by French explorers Pierre de Monts and Samuel de Champlain
1608 Samuel de Champlain built a fortress at what is now Quebec City
1610 English settlement began
1670 King Charles II of England granted the Hudson’s Bay Company exclusive trading rights over the watershed draining into Hudson Bay
1700s The maple leaf was adopted as a symbol in Canada
1701 The French and the Iroquois made peace
1755 to 1763 “Great Upheaval”: during the war between Britain and France, more than two-thirds of the Acadians were deported from their homeland.
1758 The first representative assembly was elected in Halifax, Nova Scotia
1759 The British defeated the French in the Battle of the Plains of Abraham at Quebec City — marking the end of France’s empire in America
1763 The Aboriginal territorial rights were first guaranteed
1774 The British Parliament passed the Quebec Act
1776 - The thirteen British colonies to the south of Quebec declared independence and formed the United States
- Joseph Brant lead thousands of loyalist Mohawk Indians into Canada
1791 - The Constitutional Act was passed and divided the Province of Quebec into Upper Canada (later Ontario)
- The name “Canada” became official
1793 Upper Canada became the first province in the Empire to move toward abolition
1800s Ice hockey was developed in Canada
1805 The defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte’s fleet in the Battle of Trafalgar
1812 The United States launched an invasion in June to conquer Canada
1814 The American attempt to conquer Canada failed
1815 The Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon
1832 The Montreal Stock Exchange opened
1833 British Parliament abolished slavery throughout the Empire
1840 Upper and Lower Canada were united as the Province of Canada
1847 to 1848 Nova Scotia became the first British North American colony to attain full responsible government
1849 Sir Louis-Hippolyte La Fontaine, a champion of French language rights, became the first head of a responsible government
1854 The Victoria Cross, the highest honour available to Canadians, started to be awarded that year
1857 Ottawa, located on the Ottawa River, was chosen as the capital by Queen Victoria
1860s The Parliament buildings were completed
1864 Sir Leonard Tilley suggested the term “Dominion of Canada”
1867 - On July 1st, the Fathers of Confederation established the Dominion of Canada, the birth of the country that we know today
- The British Parliament passed the British North America Act, now known as the Constitution Act
– Sir John Alexander Macdonald, a Father of Confederation, became Canada’s first Prime Minister
– Canada became a constitutional monarchy
– The responsibilities of the federal and provincial governments were defined
1869 Canada took over the vast Northwest region from the Hudson’s Bay Company
1873 The RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) was created
1890s Yukon Gold Rush
1891 Basketball was invented by Canadian James Naismith
1916 Manitoba became the first province to grant voting rights to women
1917 The Canadian Corps captured Vimy Ridge, securing the Canadians’ reputation for valour as the “shock troops of the British Empire.”
1918 Most Canadian female citizens aged 21 and over were granted the right to vote in federal elections
1920 Foundation of the Group of Seven, who developed a style of painting to capture the rugged wilderness landscapes
1921 King George V assigned Canada’s national colours (white and red)
1927 - The Peace Tower was completed, in memory of the First World War
- Old Age Security was devised
1929 Stock market crashed which lead to the Great Depression or the “Dirty Thirties”
1934 The Bank of Canada was created
1940 Unemployment insurance (now called “employment insurance”) was introduced by the federal government
1944 In the Second World War, the Canadians captured Juno Beach on June 6, as part of the Allied invasion of Normandy on D-Day
1947 The discovery of oil in Alberta began Canada’s modern energy industry
1948 The Japanese-Canadians gained the right to vote
1951 For the first time, a majority of Canadians were able to afford adequate food, shelter and clothing
1952 Queen Elizabeth II became Queen of Canada
1960s Quebec experienced an era of rapid change known as the Quiet Revolution
1960 Aboriginal people were granted the right to vote
1965 - The new Canadian flag, as we know today, was raised for the first time
- The Canada and Quebec Pension Plans were devised
1967 Canada started its own honours system with the Order of Canada
1969 Parliament passed the Official Languages Act, which guarantees French and English services in the federal government across Canada
1970s The term First Nations began to be used
1980 - Terry Fox, a British Columbian who lost his right leg to cancer at the age of 18, began a cross-country run, the “Marathon of Hope,” to raise money for cancer research. He became a hero to Canadians
- O Canada was proclaimed as the national anthem
1982 - The Constitution of Canada was amended to entrench the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Queen Elizabeth II proclaimed the amended Constitution in Ottawa
1988 Canada enacted free trade with the United States
2006 The House of Commons recognized that the Quebecois form a nation within a united Canada

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Haha i guess we copy all the time. Undergrad/Grad/...we become friends with Teaching Assistants and they helps us during exams...we copy during our GRE/TOEFL exam...we even ask our friends about the visa interviewers /Question asked in India and finally we are great Canadians now asking for citizenship questions.

Honestly i would share, but is not that difficult and easy to glance the book and am sure u will get 20/20.

Please take it as a joke......

N

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
hi,
I have a doubt regarding canadian citizenship exam.Can we expect short answer type questions(answer that require elaborate explanation) or is it purely mutiple choice with options.