+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test/ Oath of citizenship, Vancouver, April 2012

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
Hi san-mig,
Have checked the website? you should receive a notification soon...
anyone else did the test in April?

san-mig

May 1, 2012
hi vangard, yup I constantly check the website but still no update upto now. have you received yours? you also took the test april right?

smileyy

May 2, 2012
Hi guys,I have a question and maybe you can help me.Actually I had the test ,I'm sure I did well.But my problem is that after I applied for citizenship I went back in my country for almost an year and after the test,the officer who checked my passport asked my why did I stay such a long time in my country.Do you think this can be an issue?

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Well, you have answered your own questions. What's the reason CIC didn't invite you to oath one year after the test? You have failed the test or they have doubt on your residence.

nwtspam

smileyy said:
Hi guys,I have a question and maybe you can help me.Actually I had the test ,I'm sure I did well.But my problem is that after I applied for citizenship I went back in my country for almost an year and after the test,the officer who checked my passport asked my why did I stay such a long time in my country.Do you think this can be an issue?

smileyy

May 2, 2012
Sorry,it was a misunderstanding.The test I just had recently,few weeks ago.So I'm just asking if you think that if can be a probelm if I left Canada after I had applied for the citizenship.In the date when I signed the application I had already those 1095 days lived in Canada.After that I left the country for almost an year.

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
Hi smileyy,

When there is a problem with number of physical residence or the officer is not convinced about it they ask you to fill out residency questioner, if the office didn’t ask you at time of interview probably you are not going to receive a letter to complete this questioner anymore, I’ve seen only once that a letter to submit questioner was sent mailed weeks after interview.
BTW are the stamps in your passport in English? (enter and exit to/from your country), cause usually when the stamps are not in English and officer is not convinced, they ask you to bring a certified translation of all the stamps in your passport.
Vangard

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
san-mig said:
hi vangard, yup I constantly check the website but still no update upto now. have you received yours? you also took the test april right?
yup, I did my test in the 3rd week of Aprill, I hope I see an update in next two weeks or so, how about you? nothimg yet?

san-mig

May 1, 2012
nothing yet.. could you let me know if there's any progress with yours already? i'll keep you posted as well. thanks!

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
I saw today on my CIC timeline update the messege below , i did not get any letter yet by mail .

We sent you a letter on May 16, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. [/font]

what is that mean ? is that RQ?

please advice .

chinoy99

Nov 20, 2010
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2001
AOR Received.
12-11-2001
IELTS Request
31-08-2004
Med's Request
22-11-2005
Med's Done....
05-12-2005
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2006
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2006
LANDED..........
24-05-2006
I know people who got their oath invitation letters in four days after sitting for their written test and others i know who got it after two months and worst cases six to eight months!

If you were not asked to fill up the RQ, then just sit and relax....