+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - Mississauga Office

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello All,

My file was transferred to Mississauga Office on October 26th 2011. How long it will take to get Citizenship test letter after file has transferred to local (Mississauga) office?

Thank you all.

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
usually within a month or two. you will be receive a letter 20-25 days prior to the test stating the test date.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi,

It is more than 2 months now, it looks like I will get RQ. I will wait and see.

Thanks for the update.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get your test date? My file was transferred to Mississauga CIC office on Nov17 and had
test yesterday(they informed me for test on Jan 06), you should be hearing any time soon

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Mary,

Thanks for the update. It was helpful.

No, I am still waiting for the letter.

I moved from USA to CANADA permanently in 2007. (PR landing 2004).

So when I renewed my PR in 2009, it took almost 10 months to get new PR card. As per the advice on this forum, I have provided all proofs (Doctor visits, employment, taxes, letter from my son's school etc...).

Based on that experience, I think I have to wait for some more time.

Thank you all,
IBM.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IBM said:
Mary,

Thanks for the update. It was helpful.

No, I am still waiting for the letter.

I moved from USA to CANADA permanently in 2007. (PR landing 2004).

So when I renewed my PR in 2009, it took almost 10 months to get new PR card. As per the advice on this forum, I have provided all proofs (Doctor visits, employment, taxes, letter from my son's school etc...).

Based on that experience, I think I have to wait for some more time.

Thank you all,
IBM.
Well then we are in same boat, i landed in 2004 stayed 7 months in Canada, was unable to find job matching my skill set,
i was on H1 and working off site, i moved back to US in 2005, Again came to Canada 2006 and stayed 3 month with no luck with the job, i permanently moved to Canada Feb 2008 and from then never went out except one day buffalo trip, which seems will trigger RQ
for me :'(

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Mary Chad said:
Well then we are in same boat, i landed in 2004 stayed 7 months in Canada, was unable to find job matching my skill set,
i was on H1 and working off site, i moved back to US in 2005, Again came to Canada 2006 and stayed 3 month with no luck with the job, i permanently moved to Canada Feb 2008 and from then never went out except one day buffalo trip, which seems will trigger RQ
for me :'(
Mary,

Yes, we are in same boat. I landed in 2004 went back to US as I was on H1 visa. I stayed in US until 2007, then moved to CANADA permanently (even resigned the US job).

After that I never went to US as there was no H1 or visitor Visa.

But I went to my home country for 1 month in 2007 and then again to my home country in 2010 for 1 month after renewing my PR card.

In 2011-Feb I applied for citizenship after completing 1095 days + 1 month.

During 2007, I have applied for my Son's Immigration after moving to Canada. Then CIC sent me a detailed letter to provide all documents which will prove that I am in CANADA with my family. I have provided all documents then they approved my Son's immigration.

Same question again in 2010 when I renewed my PR card. I did the same again, mailed them documents. It is very time taking process.

So based on above experience, I have to wait and see...

Thank you very much,
IBM.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just keep on checking online status, I received letter in mail just week before the test, but online
they updated almost 3 weeks prior to the test.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello All,

I have received letter(s) to appear for the test on Feb 15th 2012. :) There is no update in website "case status".

I have few questions. Please advice.

1. Do I need to study any other material other than "Discover Canada"?

2. I am planning to take all supporting documents - Tax papers, letter from my doctor's office, letter from my son's school , some major purchase item receipts etc... - I will prepare a folder(s) - Any advice on this?

3. Do I need to translate any visa entries in my passport, if they are not in English? I have provided this translation page(s) when I renewed my passport.

Please advice.

Thank you all,
IBM.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Please do keep us posted in detail on how it went.

Good luck on the Test of course ! :) and do let us know how the interview and review process was handled , what all info you took (I know you are looking for responses now from those who have been there), and also the whole dynamic with officer and the process itself. All The Best ! you are now that much closer !! :) :)

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
us2yow said:
Please do keep us posted in detail on how it went.

Good luck on the Test of course ! :) and do let us know how the interview and review process was handled , what all info you took (I know you are looking for responses now from those who have been there), and also the whole dynamic with officer and the process itself. All The Best ! you are now that much closer !! :) :)
Thank you very much. I will update my experience after the test. As I mentioned earlier, this forum is very helpful.

Yes, I am waiting for the update from those who have been there already.

Thanks,
IBM.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck with the test, Since i took test last week at Mississauga CIC office, My experience....

Appointment was for 1:00 pm, so i reached there 12:45, You have to wait for your appointment time,
Door opened exactly at 1:00pm, every one went inside and waited till 1:20 in hall,,,,then we were asked
to move to test room, where there were 4 officers on different interview booth..they called everyone,one by
one and check the ids/ appointment letter/ passport for stamp and a little chit chat, only show them the documents
they asked you to bring in an interview, just have the folder handy in case they want to see any, Please make sure you
have photocopies of all your passports(expired as well) they will keep them. Have your stamps translated.
After everyone done with the interview, they handed out the test paper and answering sheet, test was super easy, i probably
have 1 wrong answer,
I prepared myself from 3 sites and read the book one time day before the test :-[
1.http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
2.http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp
3.http://www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test.asp

After test they informed us that we will be contacted in 2-3 months..Again good luck

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Mary,

Thank you very much for providing the information.

Just to confirm, Do I need to take photocopies of all pages from passport(s)? Please update.

Thanks,
IBM.