+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Looks like they not only forgot about us, they seem to think we don't exist anymore. If the general public knew what 699 is and how we are paying for them to do nothing I'm pretty sure crap would hit the fan.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino,'s MP Office is 511 Lawrence Ave W, Toronto, ON M6A 3B7. Can we organize second demonstration in front of his office so he can hear us ? or at least his staff will tell him something. His statements are way far away from real situation.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
So ladies and gentlemen, Marco Mendicino has been trying to come up with a way to resume citizenship tests for the past 9 months without an outcome until now and he came up with a totally new immigration program overnight Today?!!!

So to everyone who is saying that they are not doing anything because citizenship is not a priority with the pandemic going on, kindly stop! So citizenship is not a priority but new immigration programs are during a pandemic?!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/11/canada-announces-immigration-measures-supporting-hong-kong-residents-and-canadians-in-hong-kong.html
First, it’s up to the forum moderates to judge who should and shouldn’t be posting, not you. Second, I don’t remember anyone who was cautioning against inflammatory comments and statements saying the Canadian government was doing nothing. People were saying it wasn’t a priority and the majority of resources weren’t being used in that direction.

Why would you think this happened overnight? The situation in Hong Kong has been going on for quite a long time. Considering the ties between Canada, Hong Kong, and the UK nothing about this is particularly shocking.

orangecurtain

Dec 9, 2019
First, it’s up to the forum moderates to judge who should and shouldn’t be posting, not you. Second, I don’t remember anyone who was cautioning against inflammatory comments and statements saying the Canadian government was doing nothing. People were saying it wasn’t a priority and the majority of resources weren’t being used in that direction.

Why would you think this happened overnight? The situation in Hong Kong has been going on for quite a long time. Considering the ties between Canada, Hong Kong, and the UK nothing about this is particularly shocking.
Here comes the moral police again. I'm sorry you always feel the need to correct women. Can you please take a seat? Why do you waste your time on this forum if you do not agree with its sentiments?

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
In the dialectic, the weight of the words and the nuances are very important.

No one said it's shocking ... It's the double standards that is shocking.

The human rights situation in Honk Kong surely necessitates these adjustments ... But at the same time, continuing to ignore permanent residents eligible for citizenship is just ... Sad, not to say insulting.

If there is enough political will for the people of Honk-Kong, why not also for the candidates for citizenship already present there?

This situation is appalling ... We have the right to say it ... And also the right to protest again and again, as the spousal sponsors did.

Lobbying is not a bad thing ... Even the union of federal employees is campaigning to legally oppose the changes made by the Secretariat of the Treasury Board of Canada to the 699 code to limit abuses ...

Hong Kongers have certainly been lobbying too, and it's legitimate .... We have to do like them, like the spousal sponsors, and like the union ...
Reality shows us that everyone is lobbying, even when the causes are not fair or moral (The union is lobbying to maintain an `` advantage '' allowing them to relax peacefully with taxpayer money, you have to call things with their names. The changes made after the Treasury Board to vacancy code 699 to limit abuse confirm my comments).

Last edited:
Reactions: Parnian1988

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Here comes the moral police again. I'm sorry you always feel the need to correct women. Can you please take a seat? Why do you waste your time on this forum if you do not agree with its sentiments?
Pointed out how the forum runs. Dana is not a moderator so has no right to tell a poster not to post. What being a women, which you have zero proof of, has anything to do with this?

I am active on this forum because it has helped me in the past, still does now, I like to help out others when I can, and have every right to post.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
With the new fast tracking of applications from Hong Kong.. Half the problems of solipsists in this page might be addressed, 699 might soon be gone and those IRCC staff might work on applicants who are applying from Hong Kong!! Now, folks are thinking as to why people who are on the verge of getting locked up in Hong Kong by CCP is getting priority compared to permanent residents living in Canada and waiting for citizenship tests.

orangecurtain

Dec 9, 2019
Pointed out how the forum runs. Dana is not a moderator so has no right to tell a poster not to post. What being a women, which you have zero proof of, has anything to do with this?

I am active on this forum because it has helped me in the past, still does now, I like to help out others when I can, and have every right to post.
Ok have a blast. Keep pumping out those essays, with your unsolicited opinions, reminding people how to behave. Please proceed to lecture us on how this universe is made up of "teddy bears and telletubies" as our friend @piotrqc puts it. LOL. Preach.

• Haha
Reactions: piotrqc

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Ok have a blast. Keep pumping out those essays, with your unsolicited opinions, reminding people how to behave. Please proceed to lecture us on how this universe is made up of "teddy bears and telletubies" as our friend @piotrqc puts it. LOL. Preach.
Will do. Enjoy thinking the universe revolves around you.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
If you're so selfless, why don't you donate yourself to the Honk-Kong cause? I'm sure they would appreciate your presence there more than here.
Never said I was selfless, just recognize that my needs don’t necessarily translate into a national emergency.
Keep up with the personal attacks, it’s a fun 3 seconds to read them. Breaks up boring meetings.

Reactions: bluffmaster88

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
It is all political posturing in the backdrop of anti-China fervor. The residents of Hong Kong, even with the imposition of the national security law, enjoy much greater freedom than many people/countries in the world – the fact that the 300,000 Canadian citizens living in Hong Kong are not rushing to come back to Canada already speaks volumes. But I don't see the Canadian government considering implementing a new immigration scheme for all the countries with less freedom than what Hong Kong still enjoys.

Therefore it is a measure that serves to score political points.

We as permanent residents already living in Canada – our situation is less important to them because we don't help them score political points.

Perhaps we need to make more noise - more social media pressure, more demonstrations ... It's a shame really.

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
Never said I was selfless, just recognize that my needs don’t necessarily translate into a national emergency.
Keep up with the personal attacks, it’s a fun 3 seconds to read them. Breaks up boring meetings.
Dana reason to apply is so that he/she can travel to UK easily. So yes that take precedence over World (Hong Kong) issues.

Most of the people who were very vocal here are now quite because they got Biden/Harris in US and are expecting their GC will process quickly so Canadian citizenship doesn't matter much.

Only a few people really give value to Citizenship and I do support their cause or belief of getting citizenship early or IRCC should give priority.