+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test at Glen Erin Mississauga next week..tips on interview

rkmsnd

May 18, 2009
Hi All,

Got my citizenship test & Citizenship interview in Glen Erin, Mississauga next week..Any tips appreciated from folks who have done their interview at Glen Erin Mississauga recently

1) How much time does the interview take and typical questions asked.
2) Would I and my wife be interviewed separately or together ?
3) Would it be nice to carry some extra documents like Salary slips, notice of assessment, CBSA travel history, OHIP Personal Claim history etc to prove residency.

Regards,
RKMSND

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
How to you dress to citizenship test? I guess for Oath it would be formal (with suite), what about the test?

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
rkmsnd said:
Hi All,

Got my citizenship test & Citizenship interview in Glen Erin, Mississauga next week..Any tips appreciated from folks who have done their interview at Glen Erin Mississauga recently

1) How much time does the interview take and typical questions asked.
2) Would I and my wife be interviewed separately or together ?
3) Would it be nice to carry some extra documents like Salary slips, notice of assessment, CBSA travel history, OHIP Personal Claim history etc to prove residency.

Regards,
RKMSND
1. time would be typical from 10 mins to 30 mins depend upon individuals file. they will check your passport stamp and match with the resident days you provided them.
2. family file interview together, husband, wife and children sit together. interviewer may asked individual question though.
3. Yes. everything you have to prove residency, keep it with you. CBSA history is very important.

Others:

Nicely dressed. suite not require.

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hi Canadp,
I know we had the test on the same day/time i.e. August 11th, have you received the oath letter?
Thanks and all the best,
Sophie

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
Sophie_Anne said:
Hi Canadp,
I know we had the test on the same day/time i.e. August 11th, have you received the oath letter?
Thanks and all the best,
Sophie

Hi Sophie;

Your test was it @ 7:45 AM or @ later time in the morning?

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Yes, @7:45 on a Monday morning. I am thinking this should be the reason for not receiving the oath letter on the spot. So frustrating - all this wait!

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
Sophie_Anne said:
Yes, @ 7:45 on a Monday morning. I am thinking this should be the reason for not receiving the oath letter on the spot. So frustrating - all this wait!
Believe it or not... I do so believe too!!

There was a post by a gentle man/woman named Felixo "this post of his/her was removed by the way - I don't know why?!!!" He/She also took the citizenship Test @ the Mississauga office but in the batch/session that follows the 7:45 AM.

Felixo in the post "according to what she/he saw & experienced on his/her test day" was saying that everyone took the test in the morning batch @ 7:45 AM did NOT get the Oath letter... & was told to wait I believe 2 weeks to a month or so as I remember... & his/her batch (right after the 7:45 AM session) was given the Oath letter on the spot!

Now Felixo post as I mentioned above was removed !?! I don't know by whom or why!.. was it by Felixo him/her self or the moderator "admin" of this site!?!?
Felixo post was in the Thread titled: the January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline.

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if you are supposed to bring all your original educational transcripts with you for citizenship interview. Do they require that?

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Marky Mark said:
Believe it or not... I do so believe too!!

There was a post by a gentle man/woman named Felixo "this post of his/her was removed by the way - I don't know why?!!!" He/She also took the citizenship Test @ the Mississauga office but in the batch/session that follows the 7:45 AM.

Felixo in the post "according to what she/he saw & experienced on his/her test day" was saying that everyone took the test in the morning batch @ 7:45 AM did NOT get the Oath letter... & was told to wait I believe 2 weeks to a month or so as I remember... & his/her batch (right after the 7:45 AM session) was given the Oath letter on the spot!

Now Felixo post as I mentioned above was removed !?! I don't know by whom or why!.. was it by Felixo him/her self or the moderator "admin" of this site!?!?
Felixo post was in the Thread titled: the January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline.
Hi Mark

You are right.. I had posted both my experience and details of how the interview went on... but as u said I saw that the post is missing... but as I am always logged in and had some kids playing on my laptop last week, so might have got deleted accidently.

My interview was fine but having the CBSA report helped me.. as the guy was trying to read the dates which were not clear, the CBSA report made him comfortable... I had taken all documents in a file including my transcripts, OHIP records and documents submitted when I applied for the citizenship.

I had test in the noon and had got oath letter right way, I was in touch with some people from the morning batch and none of them got any oath letter but were told that it will be sent by post.

I understand the way you feel as it is not right to give oath letters to one section and leave the other section without oath letters... rather giving the eligible ones right away would have made more sense.

Not sure why... but that is the way they are doing it right now.
Hope you'll get it soon.

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
Felixo said:
Hi Mark

You are right.. I had posted both my experience and details of how the interview went on... but as u said I saw that the post is missing... but as I am always logged in and had some kids playing on my laptop last week, so might have got deleted accidently.

My interview was fine but having the CBSA report helped me.. as the guy was trying to read the dates which were not clear, the CBSA report made him comfortable... I had taken all documents in a file including my transcripts, OHIP records and documents submitted when I applied for the citizenship.

I had test in the noon and had got oath letter right way, I was in touch with some people from the morning batch and none of them got any oath letter but were told that it will be sent by post.

I understand the way you feel as it is not right to give oath letters to one section and leave the other section without oath letters... rather giving the eligible ones right away would have made more sense.

Not sure why... but that is the way they are doing it right now.
Hope you'll get it soon.
Super good for you Felixo, we're very happy for you friend & thanks for confirming what I mentioned before about your experience.
I believe your applying for passport these days, best of luck on getting it on a fast timely manner "the way we all would love when we get our oath like in your case" ;)
Again great luck & congrats for being proud Canadian now.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Marky Mark said:
Super good for you Felixo, we're very happy for you friend & thanks for confirming what I mentioned before about your experience.
I believe your applying for passport these days, best of luck on getting it on a fast timely manner "the way we all would love when we get our oath like in your case" ;)
Again great luck & congrats for being proud Canadian now.
Thanks for your wishes, Mark. Feel proud to be a Canadian now. BTW, you were wondering if Felixo is a he/she.. it is a 'he' 8)

This forum helped me from the beginning of the process till the end. Thanks guys, hope to hear the good news from all of you soon.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Guys,

I was on that morning batch 11th August 7.45 AM. About me, I know that I had passport stamping issue and Interviewer said that she would get my CBSA report and once it is satisified, I would be getting my oath letter. So I knew that I would not be getting it soon.

But I am surprised why everyone else did not get oath letter if they did not have any issue.

However, good luck to everyone.

Doonna

Sep 19, 2014
Is the test using paper or computer?

BTW, how much the parking cost in Glen Erin office?

I know my questions are strange may be because I am nervous and I want to say anything :-[