+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test after scheduled to citizenship oath

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys,

something really weird just happened. On July 13 I was scheduled to take the Oath of Citizenship next Tuesday, July 25. Today, I decided to check my tracker and there was an update last July 17 with an invitation for Citizenship test scheduled (it shows Completed since May 25) for July 25. In the "next step" though, it says "Take the Oath of Citizenship". I am a bit confused.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Hi guys,

something really weird just happened. On July 13 I was scheduled to take the Oath of Citizenship next Tuesday, July 25. Today, I decided to check my tracker and there was an update last July 17 with an invitation for Citizenship test scheduled (it shows Completed since May 25) for July 25. In the "next step" though, it says "Take the Oath of Citizenship". I am a bit confused.
This could be an error from their end. If I were you, I would send a web form requesting a clarification. Or now you have the email of the oath request try sending an email.

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
This could be an error from their end. If I were you, I would send a web form requesting a clarification. Or now you have the email of the oath request try sending an email.
Thanks! I think I am gonna just show up and pretend I never saw that update, since I did not receive a formal invitation for Citizenship test. The last formal invitation was to take the Oath! I will let you guys know after the ceremony! Cheers!

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Thanks! I think I am gonna just show up and pretend I never saw that update, since I did not receive a formal invitation for Citizenship test. The last formal invitation was to take the Oath! I will let you guys know after the ceremony! Cheers!
Is your oath going to be in person? I did not realize it is the weekend and even if you send an email, you may not hear from them prior to your oath date! All the best and congrats on your oath!

Reactions: MatQue

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Is your oath going to be in person? I did not realize it is the weekend and even if you send an email, you may not hear from them prior to your oath date! All the best and congrats on your oath!
Yes, it is In-person!!! I will just show up and hope so there will be no surprises. Thank you!!!

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Yes, it is In-person!!! I will just show up and hope so there will be no surprises. Thank you!!!
Test is way ahead of the oath invite. You will be fine for sure. Besides getting the citizenship certificate on the same day of the oath is great as well. No wait.. straight off to passport application..

Reactions: MatQue

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Test is way ahead of the oath invite. You will be fine for sure. Besides getting the citizenship certificate on the same day of the oath is great as well. No wait.. straight off to passport application..
Thank you!!! I wanna apply for the passport, but I will wait a little so I get the chance to be issued the redesigned one!!!

Reactions: island755